Smurf

Re: Amazing what a bit of hypo does.
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2016, 10:10:17 am »
I've used this a few times and had good results. It's a lot cheaper too.

http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/JC-ALGEX

Thanks for the link Elfy. I might give Restore Algex a go to see what it's like compared to the more expensive and so say more effective DDAC 40% and 50% quats products that I already use.  Can I ask what have you used it on so far?

For anyone that doesn't know Benz Biocidal Wash (DDAC50%) is actually this stuff been rebranded. That is why they don't sell DDAC50 anymore http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=197014.40

Elfyn

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2016, 12:15:52 pm »
I wish I had some pics to show you, Smurf, but the times I've used it it's been on house walls and paving that have been green. I don't know how effective it will be on the black and red staining that you sometimes see. The main attraction for this chemical is that it's a lot safer to use - no dead grass from runoff and no dead shrubs and plants. I've used it arround my own home for about 18 months and it does help to keep things clean. I would see it more as a maintenance cleaner than a deep cleaner.
Hope that helps.

Smurf

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2016, 12:49:24 pm »
Thanks Elfy...

As for safer to use it's alot better than slapping 15% neat hypo down that's for sure which will defo get rid of the dreaded black spot in no time.  ;D

I did a test using neat 15% hypo (SH) on pavers about 4 months ago (applied by a brush not sprayed may I add) that had never been cleaned for years. Came up a treat and got rid of all the hard to remove black spot etc. Now it still looks cleanish but has green algae on it again which to be honest surprised me it went green so quick.  Mind those chepo raven concrete slabs I tried it on due to the surface do tend to trap water and dirt so I suppose it's a natural buffet for the airborne algae and lichen spours to get quickly established again.

As for longevity treating surfaces with SH, Quats or both I've started to monitor which works best. 

sunshine windows

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2016, 01:58:30 pm »
Smurf, I'll let you come and clean my patio for free as a test area, using different solutions if you like.  ;D
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

jk999

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2016, 02:03:21 pm »
Is any of those products good for cleaning decking

Smurf

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2016, 04:07:08 pm »
On wood I've found SH can cause more harm than good if applied to strong as it will damage the fibers of the wood and will bleach it too. If you have read up on the uses of SH it's one of the chems used in the paper maufacturing procces to break down wood into pulp. Therefore even though it will get rid of green algae in my opinion it is not an ideal chem to be used on wood. 

Quats however is used as a wood perservative by manufactures which is either dipped or injected into the wood.  Therefore treating decking etc with quats will not only kill algae spore etc but also as an added benifit help preserve the wood too.

Smurf

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2016, 04:10:16 pm »
Smurf, I'll let you come and clean my patio for free as a test area, using different solutions if you like.  ;D

I can pop over sometime and see if I can turn yer artifical grass white if you like... 15% hypo should do the trick methinks  ;D

sunshine windows

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2016, 05:12:25 pm »
I love that lawn, think I'll pass 😂😂😂
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2016, 05:22:50 pm »
I love that lawn, think I'll pass 😂😂😂

I thought you might  ;D ;D

CleanClear

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2016, 08:51:38 pm »
Quite funny that jet washers charge to go clean a floor surface with a jet wash, when in fact (in some circumstances)they know full well a few buckets of hypo will clean it just as good. But they still proceed.
 Years ago, shopkeeprs and housewives did this outside their own front doors. Bucket of hot bleach....... Now we're debating hot/soft wash.........etc   LOL !!!!
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Smurf

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2016, 09:35:51 pm »
Quite funny that jet washers charge to go clean a floor surface with a jet wash, when in fact (in some circumstances)they know full well a few buckets of hypo will clean it just as good. But they still proceed.
 Years ago, shopkeeprs and housewives did this outside their own front doors. Bucket of hot bleach....... Now we're debating hot/soft wash.........etc   LOL !!!!

Regards pricing for floor surfaces would you charge less if you could get away with just using hypo and not use a washer?

CleanClear

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2016, 09:50:14 pm »

Regards pricing for floor surfaces would you charge less if you can get away with just using hypo and not use a washer?

Point i'm making Smurf is that a swill with hypo will clean a lot of surfaces that people are "jet washing" and they know it doesn't really need jet washing. But they price for a jet wash anyway. You price for what you like, and everyone in the general cleaning forum will tell you to get a Honda engine, and  a minimum xxx LPM pump etc.....  we all know in a lot of cases a hosepipe and a swill of hypo will produce the same results.

Smurf

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2016, 10:20:17 pm »

Regards pricing for floor surfaces would you charge less if you can get away with just using hypo and not use a washer?

Point i'm making Smurf is that a swill with hypo will clean a lot of surfaces that people are "jet washing" and they know it doesn't really need jet washing. But they price for a jet wash anyway. You price for what you like, and everyone in the general cleaning forum will tell you to get a Honda engine, and  a minimum xxx LPM pump etc.....  we all know in a lot of cases a hosepipe and a swill of hypo will produce the same results.

Now that's another trade secret shared to the world...Nice one.  ;D

But still you should know some ground hard surfaces still need pressure washing aswell to get better cleaning results. Hence why I'm thinking the op posted blackwash was poop  as he thought it was going to be easy. 

Tosh

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2016, 10:41:48 pm »
It was easy, I’d tested another section of soiled render on the previous window clean visit. 

Spray the solution on, scrub to make it look like they’re getting their money’s worth, walk away, clean the windows. Job done.

Any difficulties were because of the height.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CleanClear

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2016, 10:47:39 pm »
It was easy, I’d tested another section of soiled render on the previous window clean visit. 

Spray the solution on, scrub to make it look like they’re getting their money’s worth, walk away, clean the windows. Job done.

Opened a can of worms, couldn't get them back in.....not you but others........ ;D

Smurf

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2016, 10:53:33 pm »

Sorry I did not mean you but the other chap that thought blackwash was poop in another post as I got confuesd which one I was on. lol http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=205216.0

Tosh

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2016, 11:02:44 pm »
 ;)
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Og

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2016, 07:35:33 am »
Do the environment agency have an opinion on splashing hypochlorite around?

Elfyn

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2016, 08:52:46 am »
Is any of those products good for cleaning decking
Yes. Algex works well on decking. The only drawback is that it takes quite a bit of time to work and the decking is very slippery.

Smurf

Re: Amazing what a bit of hypo does. New
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2016, 10:36:49 am »
Personally I would normally jet wash a slippery deck down first to get rid of the surface slim & dirt. Then afterwards if need be you have the choice to either treat it with a weak sh mix, let dwell for a short time and rinse off.  Or better option for the wood is to treat the deck with quats instead of using hypo.

Obviously this is not a full deck restore but just a maintenace clean