who is starting back the latest
« on: December 29, 2014, 06:32:39 pm »
I'm off till the 7th jan, already feeling guilty anyone else the same

Jonny 87

Re: who is starting back the latest
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 06:44:49 pm »
I'm off till the 7th jan, already feeling guilty anyone else the same

Why the 7th?

I'm back tomorrow, then Wednesday, then after that I've got a few days off and back on Monday the 5th.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

matty72

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 06:50:56 pm »
need a rest lol also my mrs starts a new shift job so things will a bit mixed up this year, also just need a break from windows but always feel guilty, thats being self employed though.

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 06:57:27 pm »
need a rest lol also my mrs starts a new shift job so things will a bit mixed up this year, also just need a break from windows but always feel guilty, thats being self employed though.

Don't feel guilty.

If you can do it then all credit to ya. Work to live not live to work.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

matty72

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 06:58:24 pm »
yea mate

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 07:11:36 pm »
i finished on the 19th dec.going back on the 5th jan.so 2 weeks off from window cleaning.i dont feel guilty at all.why should i?i work hard enough the rest of the year.

im not itching to get back either with this cold weather but ill be organised and refreshed for the 5th jan for sure. ;D

all bills paid.money in the bank and another 6 days windows free to look forward to! ;D

happy holidays guys!
price higher/work harder!

kempy

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 07:15:01 pm »
Weds and thursday .

Then monday

Window Lickers

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 07:15:14 pm »
Back in tomorrow, first day since 23rd. In on Friday 02nd and back full time on 05th with a commercial high-level building clean taking up the whole week.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

PoleKing

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 11:09:19 pm »
Emergency Gary will win this I'd imagine.
I'm back on the 5th.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 11:31:20 pm »
Me i think , just made my mind up , had enough of it to the back teeth , gonna sell the lot , at least 25 to 30 K per year of work , t4 heated l5 system , lots and i mean lots of stuff to chuck in ,.......whats it worth  ???

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

PoleKing

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 11:34:45 pm »
Me i think , just made my mind up , had enough of it to the back teeth , gonna sell the lot , at least 25 to 30 K per year of work , t4 heated l5 system , lots and i mean lots of stuff to chuck in ,.......whats it worth  ???

Rich

3 digestives and the fluff from my belly button
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

gary999

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 11:35:07 pm »
Emergency Gary will win this I'd imagine.
I'm back on the 5th.

worked today dirty!

G Griffin

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 11:39:08 pm »
You mention digestives and up he pops  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

CF Facilities

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 09:08:59 am »
I bet I'm last one back. Just getting over a hernia op 6 weeks no heavy lifting.

My wife is going to try and do some wfp and my bro in law helping a bit too but Feb before I can work.

I can't complain though my trad mate fell off a flat roof and smashed ankle and in hospital waiting for screws and plates op so at least 3 months off!

slap bash

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 09:59:23 am »
Started today but back home all the system pipes are frozen only did shops trad.

Richard ham

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 10:07:22 am »
It would be sad if you stopped Rich, get your mojo on. Hook up for a beer if you want Rich as im not going back yet either. Seen a few out working yesterday, they looked like they were proper cold. Get in touch.
Www.plymouth-window-cleaners.co.uk

DaveG

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2014, 10:28:36 am »
Just getting over a hernia op 6 weeks no heavy lifting.

Using Brodex poles then?  ;D  Hope you feel better soon mate

You can't polish a turd

DaveG

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 10:29:02 am »
You mention digestives and up he pops  ;D.

;D ;D
You can't polish a turd

CF Facilities

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2014, 11:05:32 am »
Just getting over a hernia op 6 weeks no heavy lifting.

Using Brodex poles then?  ;D  Hope you feel better soon mate

Thanks Dave. No not brodex a slx25😃. I think was trolleys and barrels! I use trolley as van mount and fill barrels in van  now so no lifting in and out.

Hoping to get set up with fitted tank when finances allow.

Ian101

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2014, 11:41:48 am »
was thinking of going back 2nd but nawwwwwww Monday 5th for me  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 10:08:06 am »

Rich

surely not serious mate?you ve been at it for a long time i think mate havent you like me?

for that £25,000-£30,000 a year how many weeks off do you have a year mate?

also what time do you start and finish work on an average working day?

i earn more than that a year and ive had approx 8 weeks off this year.work 9am-4pm most days(sometimes less)and have most weekends off.also a few days off at the end of the month to rest ready for next months onslaught.

regards

dazmond

supernova77

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 10:17:57 am »
My last day was Christmas eve... I'm not starting again until next Tuesday 6th... Van is being sign written on Monday the 5th.

I have a guy out working today though (he wanted to work yesterday and today)... He's already text me sayng 2 houses don't want there's done until next week as they still have family there visiting. I've had to text him back with 2 alternative houses to do.

Also... Last Wednesday (christmas eve) I got a couple of funny comments from people because we turned up on christmas eve and they had family there.

Next year I'm going to shut down completely - the last day will be 23rd December 2015, first day back 4th January 2016.

Andy

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 10:30:10 am »
for me you have to get the balance right between work/leisure time or else you ll burn yourself out in time and/or get completely fed up with window cleaning.

years of experience in this game has taught me to work hard and efficiently but also know when to take some time off and chill without feeling guilty or think "im losing out on money" etc.

happy new year guys! :)

Window Lickers

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 12:20:09 pm »
Went in yesterday for a 2/3rds day. Going in Friday for the same then back at it on the 5th for a school clean. The school is still off til 12th. We've got one building to do on this visit but its going to take the whole week.

Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 12:56:19 pm »
i finished on the 20th and was intent on going back all this week apart from tomorrow but still not been back :)
had a nice holiday last week and just to relaxed now haha, going out tonight, then tomorrow off then ill work friday saturday and back to normal next week

Havent had many breaks this yr and had a stressful personal year to so need the break

stig

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2014, 01:16:42 pm »
I broke up on 24th,went back 30th and 31st...off till monday now....anyway ALL THE VERY BEST to all fellow diamond polishers...for 2015.
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2014, 05:06:36 pm »
Im back on the 12th and I dont even do CrustMoss  ;D

Off to Centre parcs  :)
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Mick Kent

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2014, 05:16:25 pm »
I have only had xmas day and boxing day off. The weekend and this week i have been doing schools, fri sat and sunday im doing more schools. Im hardcore

S.A.J

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2015, 07:38:46 am »

Rich

Don't sell up mate!

I sacked a lad 2 weeks ago, come work for me  ;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2015, 09:23:39 am »

I've been working,   pinching all your custies
You haven't  got any left  :o

G Griffin

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2015, 09:54:11 am »
My last day was Christmas eve... I'm not starting again until next Tuesday 6th... Van is being sign written on Monday the 5th.

I have a guy out working today though (he wanted to work yesterday and today)... He's already text me sayng 2 houses don't want there's done until next week as they still have family there visiting. I've had to text him back with 2 alternative houses to do.

Also... Last Wednesday (christmas eve) I got a couple of funny comments from people because we turned up on christmas eve and they had family there.

Next year I'm going to shut down completely - the last day will be 23rd December 2015, first day back 4th January 2016.

Andy
It must be terrible visiting family and the window cleaner turns up  ::)roll.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ian101

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2015, 10:21:11 am »

they will be back ... once they see your shiny new van they will think ur too expensive  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2015, 10:30:07 am »

Rich

Sounds like where I was early 2014  ;)

I was like this for most of first 3 quarters of last year then downsized rounds by 30% or so and spent time doing other services connies, gutters, upvc ... didn't quite have enough work to cover all my bills after downsizing so kinda gave me the kick I needed to get motivated again.

Any new customers for windows I quote now are are at least 35% higher than what I used to charge ... I didn't consider myself cheap to start with so with the extra 35% its good wages .... don't get them all prob about 40% now where used to be nearly 100% EG 3 bed semi was £12 now £16 ... prob took on 15 new customers in last 4 months of 2014 so slowly filling up again  :)

For me doing windows day in day out was too uninteresting.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2015, 06:36:56 pm »

they will be back ... once they see your shiny new van they will think ur too expensive  ;D

I'm CHEAPER  than you ;D