per month

0 (0%)
one off

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

SeanK

Re: is price I said ok for this
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 08:59:54 am »
I think people miss the point with pricing one offs. If you only charge £10 more for a one off on that, why would the customer opt for anything else? "That's £20 every two months or I can just clean them when they are minging for £30 - once a year if you like". Er....

If all your customers just called when they needed cleaning you would have no businesses. The one off price needs to reflect that.

£65 one off.
£30 8 weekly.

Assumes house ends below the end dormer and the additional brickwork visible is next door.
That would be all well and good in an ideal world if there was a shortage of window cleaners!
Sadly we are 10 to the penny so if 1 cleaner wont do it another 1 will.
£65 for a 1 off clean on that house with just over 12 windows at a guess???good luck.

I know a window cleaner who takes pretty much anything at really low prices and he's forever running about all over the place and can't understand why he can't make much profit. I even passed on a £180 one off job to him because I knew it would be hassle and I couldn't fit it in for 3 weeks - he was there THE NEXT DAY - I know what position I'd rather be in.
If someone was to offer me a one off job at £180 I'd be there the next day too

£180 wouldn't buy you a cup of coffee in London.  ;D

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 09:34:44 am »

[/quote]
[/quote]

£180 wouldn't buy you a cup of coffee in London.  ;D
[/quote]

Just as well then that i take a flask to work with me,
It is made of high modulous carbon fiber though  ;D

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 12:50:26 pm »
I think people miss the point with pricing one offs. If you only charge £10 more for a one off on that, why would the customer opt for anything else? "That's £20 every two months or I can just clean them when they are minging for £30 - once a year if you like". Er....

If all your customers just called when they needed cleaning you would have no businesses. The one off price needs to reflect that.

£65 one off.
£30 8 weekly.

Assumes house ends below the end dormer and the additional brickwork visible is next door.
That would be all well and good in an ideal world if there was a shortage of window cleaners!
£65 for a 1 off clean on that house with just over 12 windows at a guess???good luck.

I know a window cleaner who takes pretty much anything at really low prices and he's forever running about all over the place and can't understand why he can't make much profit. I even passed on a £180 one off job to him because I knew it would be hassle and I couldn't fit it in for 3 weeks - he was there THE NEXT DAY - I know what position I'd rather be in.

Yawn.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 01:09:59 pm »
That escalated quickly  ;D ;D ;D

It started off as a nice serious thread on pricing and now its just got silly ....

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 02:21:54 pm »
As always, time to say I'm out

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

8weekly

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 02:24:26 pm »

£65 one off.
£30 8 weekly.

If you were flat out with work you wouldn't and often one offs are more trouble than they are worth.

For example I turned down one yesterday that was a very large house that has secondary glazing that was removable and they wanted both sides cleaning. That is a pain in the arris of a job and wild horses wouldn't drag me.

I will normally quote high over the phone for EOT jobs though as they are usually profitable, but one off "country piles" I won't touch.

Tom-01

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 05:48:17 pm »

£65 one off.
£30 8 weekly.

If you were flat out with work you wouldn't and often one offs are more trouble than they are worth.

For example I turned down one yesterday that was a very large house that has secondary glazing that was removable and they wanted both sides cleaning. That is a pain in the arris of a job and wild horses wouldn't drag me.

I will normally quote high over the phone for EOT jobs though as they are usually profitable, but one off "country piles" I won't touch.

Exactly 8weekly. That was my point, sometimes at the end of the day for a quick profitable job it's worth doing. That big one I mentioned I knew would be a pain in the backside and could earn more in regular work.

Not sure what Hummer is yawning about.

CleanClear

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 11:18:55 pm »

£65 one off.
£30 8 weekly.

Me too !!
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Window Lickers

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 12:15:01 am »
Don't understand the wish to argue over whether it's appropriate or not to be at a job the next day or not. Depends on the circumstances - maybe the customer needs the job doing quickly - maybe the cleaner has a spare slot - maybe the customer doesn't need it doing quickly but that's the only spare slot they have. And maybe the cleaner wanted a change of scenery, I like new jobs, they break the boredom.

Too many assumptions made on here and second guessing.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Tom-01

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 07:47:58 am »
Don't understand the wish to argue over whether it's appropriate or not to be at a job the next day or not. Depends on the circumstances - maybe the customer needs the job doing quickly - maybe the cleaner has a spare slot - maybe the customer doesn't need it doing quickly but that's the only spare slot they have. And maybe the cleaner wanted a change of scenery, I like new jobs, they break the boredom.

Yeah good point I hadn't thought of it like that.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 09:08:46 am »

the most sensible post you ve put on here for a while matt! ;) ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Window Lickers

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 09:16:29 am »
 :)
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Tom-01

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 06:28:32 pm »

the most sensible post you ve put on here for a while matt! ;) ;D ;D

Do you mean since he registered..?  :-*

barry80

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2014, 10:00:26 am »
hi guys, this job is not a one off , she is the new owner of this property.
I put a quote on paper stating first clean £30 then every 8 weeks £20 ......Job should take me about 30 mins
so I am happy.
she rang me last night and said this was ok and for me to start asap .....Thanks guys....barry :)
hello.