PurefectWindowCleaning

Tattoo's in the workplace...
« on: August 16, 2014, 07:28:31 pm »
Might start a little debate on views/first impressions on working with tattoos and weather or not it gives off a 'dodgy' vibe?

Ive had 6 hours pain with another 6 hours left... first day, a customer ive had for years said 'what the hell have you done' 'it looks awful' haha

Opinions?

jonboywalton75

Re: Tattoo's in the workplace...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 07:50:02 pm »
When I see tattoos,  I think

Low IQ!!!

Sorry,  can't help it ;D

deeege

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 07:52:14 pm »
I have tattoos, none below the shirtline though. I personally think they can look rough in certain areas, neck, hands or head for example but I also think tattoos are becoming more acceptable.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Window Lickers

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 07:59:51 pm »
Preferable to stay uninked.

I generally dont think of them as offering anything positive to the character, personality or the way a person comes across in a professional manner.

Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 08:02:05 pm »
Mine comes down just passed elbow, guess it helps that I already know my customers really well.

I think the older generation frown upon it more than others

LWC

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 08:08:23 pm »
Just had this done, what you think?

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 08:12:12 pm »
I like it  ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 09:40:53 pm »
I don't think they give a good impression to be honest.

Keep them hidden if your going to try give a good impression on new customers or commercial.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

mgba_78

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 09:56:23 pm »
LOL  funny you should say!
Im a few hours in on a full sleeve in black and shade, will be funny to see what ppl say when its done??
2 hours booked in for Wednesday and another 2 on Saturday  :-)

But yes i think you need to be able to cover tattoos up as and when needed as some people think tattoos = Scally wag!

Oooooo that is shiny!!

windowswashed

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 10:21:11 pm »
I hate tattoos, think they look dirty, gives off the wrong impressions. marked with inkl for life, not for me.....I'm out :)

ben M

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 11:46:01 pm »
I hate tattoos, think they look dirty, gives off the wrong impressions. marked with inkl for life, not for me.....I'm out :)
+1

sunshine windows

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 11:53:31 pm »
My colleague has 2 full sleeve tattoos going slightly onto his neck. However his general appearance is very good. I think a lot depends on whether you have a friendly face and demeanour to go with them. Attitude has a big part to play. If you're a personable type of character, tattoos almost go unnoticed.

I always forewarn customers that the person likely to be cleaning for them is a thug 😄
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 01:34:28 am »

Sorry to say, and please don't take this personally but to me, that spells 'complete dork'.

I know others think otherwise and it's just my opinion but you did ask.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Window Lickers

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 01:40:50 am »
Some people didn't get attention as children. Simple really.

Mick Kent

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 08:09:14 am »
I love tattoos, i have a full sleeve and another thats nearly finished.
Customers dont care if there window cleaner has tattoos, i canvass in t-shirts and never have a problem a lot of customers say they look good, and a lot of customers have tattoos themselfs as it seems the norm nowdays to have tattoos, everyone under 35 seems to be on it.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 08:26:16 am »
Actually, the very old generation started it. My Granddad (WW1 veteran) had tattoos and then became a copper.

I think it died down after National Service finished in 1960.

The agent who I let my property through looks respectable in his suit and tie yet every part of him except his face, neck and hands is tattooed. (I dropped some paperwork round his house and he came to the door in long shorts.)

I personally don't think it creates a good first impression to customers.

Side note - I think the permanency is what puts me off - if you could get a good tattoo that would be quickly completely removable in say 6 months that would be a good idea.

But of course part of the tattoo culture for men is "look how hard I am I can take the pain" while forgetting that any woman who has had a child via normal childbirth might think "you don't have a clue what pain is pal."
It's a game of three halves!

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 08:41:34 am »
I have the initials of my kids' names- Tom, Oliver, Sarah and Harry- on the four fingers of each hand.
I think it looks great.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Positivity

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 08:42:01 am »

I hope to god you have shaved your head and are not bald!!!!
'cos how the hell do you expect to cover that up?
Unless you are going to wear a full hat in Summer!
However if you're proud of it and want to show it off.
What you think - total K***head - you did ask. ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 08:45:35 am »
I have the initials of my kids' names- Tom, Oliver, Sarah and Harry- on the four fingers of each hand.
I think it looks great.

;D

I thought you had LOVE on one hand and the initials of your kids on the other?
It's a game of three halves!

Mike #1

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 09:17:51 am »

They look dirty  ??? ??? ??? , I have had a full sleeve on one arm for a few years now and never had any issues i do keep covered when going to price a new job as not everybody likes them .

Some folks thinks they look really bad others are quite fascinated by the colours and the work mine took about 30 hours all in due to the work involved with my piece . Mike

G Griffin

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 09:18:27 am »
I think it looks great.

;D

I thought you had LOVE on one hand and the initials of your kids on the other?
  ;D
 Only He loves Himself that much.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

J.D

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 10:11:00 am »

Yeah I think it looks great! But I'm only saying that cause I'm scared to say its anything else!

J.D

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 10:13:54 am »
I think they only look good on paper, its not something I'd go for! My dad always regretted the tattoos he got when he was a young man! And worse are women with tattoos , its dirty looking!  :(

Mike #1

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 11:11:20 am »
Just not getting this dirty thing  ??? ??? ??? , Quality tattoos look really good crap tattoos done by crap artists look really crap .

My wife is quite well covered in tattoos and has won awards at some big tattoo shows and been photographed for the top selling tattoo magazines  :-* :-* :-* . Mike

PoleKing

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2014, 11:22:06 am »
Just not getting this dirty thing  ??? ??? ??? , Quality tattoos look really good crap tattoos done by crap artists look really crap .

My wife is quite well covered in tattoos and has won awards at some big tattoo shows and been photographed for the top selling tattoo magazines  :-* :-* :-* . Mike

You know the rules Mike.
Gis a look! ;D
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

capn sparkle

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2014, 11:46:00 am »
I think it looks great.

TOSH would be impressed  ;D ;D ;D

Window Lickers

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 11:52:10 am »

It's not the quality of the artwork that is generally in question - more the quality of what's between the ears for people that get tattoos IMO. An over generalization might be that people who have a tendency to cover themselves in ink are a bit thick. Might be true. Might not be. But it is a fact that people who have tats are often judged in that manner for it.

Personally if there was nothing to separate two people when it came to quoting for a job and one had ink and the other didn't I would go for the person without.

mufcglen

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 12:09:10 pm »
personally i'd never judge anyone for tattoo's,hair style,dress sense or anything else, its they're choice and in this day and age people like to express themselves rather than conform to what society thinks we should or should'nt be and if i did'nt gain a job because i have tattoo's then that customer is'nt worth having if you ask me.
i judge people on honesty,personality,friendly etc etc and the things that really matter.

J.D

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 12:23:11 pm »
personally i'd never judge anyone for tattoo's,hair style,dress sense or anything else, its they're choice and in this day and age people like to express themselves rather than conform to what society thinks we should or should'nt be and if i did'nt gain a job because i have tattoo's then that customer is'nt worth having if you ask me.
i judge people on honesty,personality,friendly etc etc and the things that really matter.
You may think you don't judge people on such things but we all do , whether we realise it or not!

Mike #1

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2014, 02:50:48 pm »
People automatically judge you if you have tattoo's for the wrong reasons people think you are dodgy, ruff and everything else .

My wife and i met some well to do Belgians 2 years ago on holiday on a day excursion and they later admitted they were wary of us , We have been friends ever since and speak on regular basis and are planning our next holiday with them .

People will assume you are dodgy simples  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) . Mike

LWC

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 04:25:29 pm »
Love that people thought i actually have that tattoo on my head lol! Search google image guys. Made my afternoon that. lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

Simon Mess

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 05:08:24 pm »
I am not a great fan of tattoo's, but so long as they are not offensive, i don't see why a customer would be put off.

On another note, one thing that strikes me is that these days it is just a fashion statement, that people get them to 'fit in' with the latest trend, which, as a reason for getting one, i think is pretty sad. If it is your own design, or it is something that has real personal significance to yourself, fair enough.

The other thing is age, my brother got a couple of tattoo's when he was in his 20's, and when 1st done they certainly looked striking, but even after 5 years they were fading noticeably, and as for now, when he is 44, they look rubbish. I see those guys (and gals) with tattoo's all over their face, and i think, what is that going to look like when you are 60 and picking up your grandkids from school?.

bmwt

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 08:15:48 pm »
I do the same I wear a jumper when I'm out knocking on doors but past few weeks I was sweating like mad lol.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 08:41:35 pm »
Love that people thought i actually have that tattoo on my head lol! Search google image guys. Made my afternoon that. lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thats what I thought haha