capn sparkle

Curious about this custie!
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:36:19 pm »
Your thoughts guys!

July 2013 - Lady comes over asks for a quote, opposite 4 others I'm cleaning trad - likes the fact that I clean 'em properly (frames n all) sez a washy pole guy charges her £12 a month but not happy 'cos he does a rubbish job. (not rinsing properly on a new build site)

Don't shoot me yet!!

I clean on a 7 week cycle, real fussy - perfect is just about good enough and said it's £20 hun gonna take me ages to clean Trad, new build fake Georgian w's. Luckily his 12 x £12 = £144, mine 7 x £20 = £140 so roughly equal on the maths but much better job. (He's giving poleing a bad  name).

As some of you might know, I've 'up-graded' to a wfp system 'cos it quicker and I can do a better job - so dropped the price to £18 per clean, voluntarily.. Now she's whingeing that I do her house so much quicker now I should reduce my price again!

I've said NO!!!!

What do you guys think??

CleanClear

Re: Curious about this custie!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 09:41:08 pm »
Tell her you'll happily reduce her price because its quicker, just as soon as you've recouped your outlay for the equiptment to be able to do it quicker?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

andyM

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:43:52 pm »
Egg her windows and if she still moans stick a slither of bamboo in her door lock.  ;)
One of the Plebs

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 09:44:12 pm »
Do you need the money or job?

Yes - Lower it.

No - Don't lower it.

Today i have taken 6 houses from one competitor, i know exactly why he is getting issues but i aint telling him lol. It's not an obvious mistake either.

I can see the customers POF

Why would she pay £18 when she was paying £12? She was paying £20 coz you were doing them trad ;)

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 09:44:32 pm »
Ask her has she seen the price of de-ionised water? explain that you use between 7-10 litres to clean her windows then ask if she still feels its exspensive?

I always referr to it as De-ionised water as most people know its about £1.50 a litre.

Just one of my Jedi mind tricks.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

capn sparkle

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 09:44:46 pm »
At the moment I sacked her (mentally) unless someone comes up with an argument which might make me reconsider

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 09:47:22 pm »
WHO RUNS YOUR BUSINESS ???

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 09:48:05 pm »
Do you need the money or job?

Yes - Lower it.

No - Don't lower it.

Today i have taken 6 houses from one competitor, i know exactly why he is getting issues but i aint telling him lol. It's not an obvious mistake either.

I can see the customers POF

Why would she pay £18 when she was paying £12? She was paying £20 coz you were doing them trad ;)

actually he has a point, but you are at least cleaning them properly so maybe £15 is a fair compromise  ;D

capn sparkle

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 09:56:39 pm »
Egg her windows and if she still moans stick a slither of bamboo in her door lock.  ;)

Amount of times you've said that - no omlettes n skinny pandas

capn sparkle

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 09:59:01 pm »
Thanks for the replys guys - I'll sleep on it

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 10:04:24 pm »
£20? And sleep on her?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 10:06:07 pm »
Dump and replace with three.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 10:10:03 pm »
replace with three while having a dump

PoleKing

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 10:22:47 pm »
Just say no, I can't lower it any further.
No ag. No agenda. Be firm but polite.
If she dumps you, ho hum.
Might as well carry on cleaning hers while you're in the area.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 10:23:44 pm »
Dump on her three times.

Don Kee

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 10:29:13 pm »
Ask her if when they get really dirty therefore taking longer, can you charge her more..?

Then just explain that the price you set is for maintainence cleaning and so whether they take you 20 mins, or 45 mins depending on the cleansiness the price will never differ...
She's paying for clean windows not your time....

deeege

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 10:30:46 pm »
Your thoughts guys!

July 2013 - Lady comes over asks for a quote, opposite 4 others I'm cleaning trad - likes the fact that I clean 'em properly (frames n all) sez a washy pole guy charges her £12 a month but not happy 'cos he does a rubbish job. (not rinsing properly on a new build site)

Don't shoot me yet!!

I clean on a 7 week cycle, real fussy - perfect is just about good enough and said it's £20 hun gonna take me ages to clean Trad, new build fake Georgian w's. Luckily his 12 x £12 = £144, mine 7 x £20 = £140 so roughly equal on the maths but much better job. (He's giving poleing a bad  name).

As some of you might know, I've 'up-graded' to a wfp system 'cos it quicker and I can do a better job - so dropped the price to £18 per clean, voluntarily.. Now she's whingeing that I do her house so much quicker now I should reduce my price again!

I've said NO!!!!

What do you guys think??

Id have sacked you right there. It's never acceptable for a fella to use the word "Hun".
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

G Griffin

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 10:43:02 pm »
If she whinged, so what? Let her.
If she wants a price reduction, then say 'no'. If she's happy with the job and the price it doesn't matter how long it takes. That's nowt to do with her.
And deeege is right. Hun, no.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Window Lickers

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 10:50:42 pm »
Dump on her driveway. And replace with five.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

R W C™

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 11:17:01 pm »
If you lower her price then expect to have to reduce the other 4 you do in the road, if she's a nice person then maybe do something extra I.e if she got downstairs doors that open out offer to pole them on the days she's in, people feel special if they feel they are getting something others aren't, 90% of my customers have the impression that there my favourite