Lee Burbidge

Re: We are giving them away
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 02:59:29 pm »
i could never get on with scrim, used to use linen tea towels until finding the blue cloths.
Cant  remember what they cost but the guy who sold them to me was george from mirage cleaning in aldershot 07976 259 378.
he also sold me some brilliant microfibre cloths which again are still going strong.

How much?

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 03:01:44 pm »
any links?

we use microfibre as well as scrim, but they are

1 too small

2 dont last

3 i hate touching them when they are dry....bit like nails down a chalk board lol

I know exactly what you mean. When dry they catch all the skin on your hans too. Thats why these new blue glass cloths are better

1 60x80
2 last for years
3 smooth as a babys bottom

;D ;D ;D

rycalshaw

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 03:08:18 pm »
i once tried microfibre but just couldn,t get on with em, instead of pulling the water off they just seemed to spread it about, do these blue cloths soak up the water and if so how long do they last before you have to change em..

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 03:12:33 pm »
i once tried microfibre but just couldn,t get on with em, instead of pulling the water off they just seemed to spread it about, do these blue cloths soak up the water and if so how long do they last before you have to change em..

A very good question. And one I asked the first time I looked at them. One blue cloth will last three or four times longer than scrim.
You know when you get that fleck of soap water on your glass taht you just cleaned. Remove it with a scrim and you have to use a bone dry one, rub a bit, then remove the bits or smear it may have caused. Not so with these blue cloths. Its absorbancy takes of this and mark in almost one pass, no smear!

james51174

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 08:53:25 pm »
where can i get these from lee?

combat1

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 09:51:15 pm »
To clarify, I use the blue window cloths for detailing and the microfibres for wiping my squeegee. maybe a bit extravagant but works for me.
As regards cost and supply, I would contact Ramon direct and they will give you the nearest supplier. They def. beat scrim any day and look more professional.

rycalshaw

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 01:08:45 pm »
lee,do you use these damp and just keep wrinsing them and ringing out..

joshem

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 01:21:39 pm »
I use WCW's own blue microfibre. I've never used anything else but they seem fine although you do get through quite a few when the weather's not so warm. Are these Ramon cloths better do you reckon?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 02:13:46 pm »
You'll find them half way down this page ;)

http://www.paragonmicrofibre.com/products.aspx?CatID=59

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 03:06:52 pm »
lee,do you use these damp and just keep wrinsing them and ringing out..

I have a storage box on the back of the van. When they get too wet I chuck them in that ready for the washing machine.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 03:12:21 pm »

Mmmm so you got to buy 100 to get them at £2.75 each, 500 to get them at £2.65 each and over 501 to get them at £2.55
100 = £275
500 = £1,325

Thats a bummer if you only want 1 to 10 aint it.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2011, 03:21:30 pm »

Mmmm so you got to buy 100 to get them at £2.75 each, 500 to get them at £2.65 each and over 501 to get them at £2.55
100 = £275
500 = £1,325

NO, look again, you can buy 0 - 100 @ £2.75. So, you can buy 1 @ £2,75

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2011, 03:33:35 pm »
Oh yeah. Thanks

Window Washers

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 03:39:48 pm »
used to love scrim when it was broken in, then came along micro fiber making them old hat.

pros to scrim, great at sucking in water

cons when warm leaves fibers on the glass and also smears in direct sunlight.

Micros fibers, suck in water out of the packet, and do not leave fibers on the glass, and wiping in direct sunlight does not leave smears as long as they are clean.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2011, 03:47:52 pm »

100 = £275
500 = £1,325

NO, look again, you can buy 0 - 100 @ £2.75. So, you can buy 1 @ £2,75

What would you save if I told you I found a place that does them £2.49 no matter how many you want??

Window Washers

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2011, 03:55:06 pm »
any links?

1 too small

2 dont last

3 i hate touching them when they are dry....bit like nails down a chalk board lol
I only recommend people that I use personally and I just got some yeterday off xLine

phone number 0115 939 4444 ask for James
the website is xline-systems.co.uk there site is being re designed so not sure if it online at the mo) I think a pack of 10 (nearly the same size as scrim) is about £30 you can buy in singles also.

They deliver without fault and fast and have great customer services, they may not be the cheapest and I honestly don't know if they are or not, as I don't look for the cheapest price anymore just the service without hassle. (time is money as they say;) I ordered friday and things arrived on Saturday (enough said)

Ian
I recommend Xline for the cloths  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2011, 04:03:45 pm »
any links?

1 too small

2 dont last

I only recommend people that I use personally and I just got some yeterday off xLine

the website is xline-systems.co.uk there site is being re designed so not sure if it online at the mo) I think a pack of 10 (nearly the same size as scrim) is about £30 you can buy in singles also.

They deliver without fault and fast and have great customer services, they may not be the cheapest and I honestly don't know if they are or not, as I don't look for the cheapest price anymore just the service without hassle. (time is money as they say;) I ordered friday and things arrived on Saturday (enough said)

Ian

But thats £5.10 more your paying?! And to be honest this cloth can only be one quality.

Window Washers

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2011, 04:07:13 pm »
any links?

1 too small

2 dont last

Ian

But thats £5.10 more your paying?! And to be honest this cloth can only be one quality.
Lee,

I will be totally honest with you I just wanted them delivered the next day, I did not want to waste 30 mins looking to save £5 or it would have cost me a lot more. (price shopping is not always a good thing for business, more so if you are very busy.

whats the link you are getting them for £2.49 delivered ? I dont need any now as just got mine, but could help others  ;)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2011, 04:13:36 pm »
The link is me. Just buying from me. If you want them next day, you can have them next day.
£2.49+vat +P&P

;)

Window Washers

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2011, 04:38:20 pm »
The link is me. Just buying from me. If you want them next day, you can have them next day.
£2.49+vat +P&P

;)
Lee there is no website link, I don't come on here to much any more, do you have a website for these ?