Ed.

Best trolly system?
« on: May 18, 2020, 12:41:36 pm »
What’s your guy’s opinion on trolly systems ?

Thinking of getting one and seen this on ebay?

Anyone had one of these ? Or anyone suggest better ones pure freedom nana heard meant to be decent ?

Would anyone say this one on eBay is worth it ?

Thanks

Ed.

Need help ! Best trolly system?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 12:41:52 pm »

KS Cleaning

Re: Need help ! Best trolly system?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 02:24:52 pm »

Looks cheap enough. The one design flaw tho is the two handles. You really want to be pushing/pulling the trolley from the centre of the trolley with one hand in order to free up the other hand to carry a pole.

Ed.

Re: Best trolly system?
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 02:52:56 pm »
Didn’t even think about that very true.

The handles are rubbish especially when comes to carry the pole aswell.

Cheers.

Ralphie

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 04:14:22 pm »
Aren’t the handles mainly for lying it down in your van and not really handles as such?🤔

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 05:00:59 pm »
How are your DIY skills as you can make that trolley for half that amount.
All you need is an electrical box (water tight)
Battery
Pump
On/off switch
Flow controller optional
Port to charge
Sack trolley of your choice.

They are very easy to make
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

MrChurchMouse

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 06:09:03 pm »
I've been using the Pure Freedom trolley for years and it's pretty decent.  The version I'm using at the moment is very heavy though which is perhaps the biggest drawback but I think lighter models have now become more standard.   The stream of water it generates coming out of the brush perhaps isn't as strong when compared to those using a van mounted system but it does the job.
 You could always put it on a much higher setting if you were finding that a problem as well (I usually stick to around an 8-11 so as not to use too much water but it goes a lot higher).  Tyres and trolley build and such are all sturdy enough. 

Slash

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 06:35:33 pm »
I have a nano trolly,used  once £400

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 06:51:30 pm »
the best trolley system(and cheapest) is a gardiner backpack on a foldaway trolley held on by a bungee and using around 20m of pole hose on your pole if you insist on using a trolley.....itll cost you around £180 all in........

i dont use anything apart from a van mount for all my work but i do know some window cleaners than cant park near lots of their work at all so a trolley system is more desirable.....

the problem with professional trolley systems like pure freedom,etc is they weigh a ton......the "backpack on a fold away trolley" is the lightest,cheapest way to work......
price higher/work harder!

trevor povey

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 06:58:44 pm »
Yr better of with the pure freedom nano one had it 2 yrs never let us down👍

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2020, 07:08:39 pm »
I've been using the Pure Freedom trolley for years and it's pretty decent.  The version I'm using at the moment is very heavy though which is perhaps the biggest drawback but I think lighter models have now become more standard.   The stream of water it generates coming out of the brush perhaps isn't as strong when compared to those using a van mounted system but it does the job.
 You could always put it on a much higher setting if you were finding that a problem as well (I usually stick to around an 8-11 so as not to use too much water but it goes a lot higher).  Tyres and trolley build and such are all sturdy enough.

Sounds like you could be using the same one as me, if it’s the standard Mk2 model (not the Nano) with puncture proof tyres. I’ve been using one of these for 13 years as it’s perfect for my work. I did originally consider the XLine aluminium version which looks similar with the exception of a sliding handle which I really did not like the idea of. It also wouldn’t fit in my car as it needed to go in a closed boot.  The PF trolley was the only one that would due to the folding handle. I also found the weight to be too much. Unacceptably so for me, so I modified it. 

Quite simply, I replaced the pump with a backpack pump (a straight forward swap for the 3x heavier Sureflo). This pump will run all day on a  7, 10 or 12ah battery depending on how long a day you like to do. Each of these batteries is a lot lighter than the 26ah battery that is fitted as standard.

I don’t use a battery box as I don’t find it necessary. I’ve modified the base so I can strap the battery on with a small luggage strap which makes it dead easy to swap out should it go flat.

I’ve also replaced the solid tyres with pneumatic tyres. Also much lighter than their solid counterparts.

Overall this almost halves the weight of the trolley and is very noticeable in use.

One recommendation though if you do this. Carry a spare wheel in case of punctures. It will happen. I bought a pair of spare wheels and always keep one in the car.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.