In_Safe_Hands

All the bureaucracy!
« on: July 22, 2004, 03:17:19 pm »
Hello everyone,

I currently have my own Pet Services business but am looking to branch out into the Domestic Cleaning arena (to start with.  Eventually I will be getting involved on the Commercial side).  I have found reading the posts on this board to be really invaluable - incredibly useful getting pointers and tips from people who have been doing this kind of work for some time.

Everything seems to be going ok so far but I've reached a bit of a stumbling block.  It relates to Contracts, Proposals, Terms and Conditions, Booking Forms etc etc - basically anything relating to paperwork.  I would appreciate any advice in this area from anyone.  Do you use all of these things?  Just some of them?  If so, which ones?  Would you be willing to give me some samples??

I appreciate it's a big ask...... If anyone can help in anyway I would be very grateful!

Thanks!

dunny19

Re: All the bureaucracy!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 07:49:46 pm »
hi there
i am currently researching this business myself, and come across the same problems with contracts etc.

what i have done is typed in domestic cleaning and found loads of similar business, you'l be surprised atr the amount of stuff that you get from doing this, alternativly there is a guy on ebay who sells all you need for 500 quid, basicly its all the stuff, contracts, sales spiel, matrix's, how to hire cleeaners, you would get similar if you joined molly maid and similar franchises, will be purchasing it myself soon.

or try www.ocibr.com, this is a cleaning forum, where you share marketing materials, i joined but its a bit of a nightmare to get round, but i have been assured it gets easier the more you access it. 2 days ago i joined but havnt manged to download anything yet,

good luck

In_Safe_Hands

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 08:10:03 pm »
Cheers Dunny,

I shall investigate...

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 08:38:51 pm »
if you look on the entreprenear mags web site you can buy a start up guide for $50.

There are also many US companies selling knowhow for about $250

I think £50 is enough to pay for information without any guarantee from people with no track record.

dunny19

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 09:29:16 pm »
i agree 50quid or 500 quid is too much to pay from people who havent done the business

however like yourself being the sceptic i am, i have the chaps phone number, email etc, he is offering a full 12month telephone back up, my first question to him was "are you in the business?"he has confired he is in the business and sold off his current domestic cleaning business

i would gamble 500 quid on all the info he has, all proffesionally bound cd,s charts graphs, matrix's, this info is really worth thousands in the correct hsnds,
and if it turned out to be a load of tosh then i would go and knock on his door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think when people are giving out their personal details in 99% of cases they are genuine

maybe im too trusting, i dont no