julieg

bathroom tiles
« on: July 10, 2004, 12:27:44 pm »
We always have a devil of a job bringing tiles back to their original state in the bathroom. At the moment my ladies are armed with toothbrushes and bleach to bring the colour back, but this take an enormous amount of time and effort.

My other half told me he once saw on TV a wheely contraption which did the job really quickly. I have looked around and have found nothing.  Any ideas?

Just to say thanks  this website and those that contribute have really helped me during my first year of operating.  

Julie G  

Re: bathroom tiles
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 03:38:35 pm »
do you mean the tiles or the grout, just a thought ???

The Great One

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 04:00:32 pm »
Hi

I use limescale remover around the sink and bath and a scourer.

Then when that is all washed off and dry i spray with either window cleaner or a diluted lemon juice to bring the shine back up.

regards

Martin 8)

julieg

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 04:48:41 pm »
Thanks and yes I meant the grout as opposed to the tiles.

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 01:04:06 am »
Julie

I’m into credibility fill in you profile!

You been in the professional cleaning game almost a year I believe? And you let staff lose with Bleach with a tooth brush.

I highly recommend that you do a BICS & HSE course.

What is the colour of the grouting grey perhaps?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

The Great One

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 12:09:46 pm »
HI

For grouting you can use a high pressure steam cleaner but they run in at about £200

Or go to your supplier and ask for a special grout cleaner.

Regards

Martin 8)

Fox

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 12:23:55 am »
Hi Julie

I take it you are talking about domestic bathrooms.  When you say 'dirty' grout do you mean milldew or just general dirt and grime?

Bleach is not a brill option - especially in such confined areas - another thing we need to know, are you talking shower area tiles, normal wall tiles or floor tiles?

Just a quick tip - when posting a question go into as much detail as possible - more chance of getting the right kind of help.

Fox

julieg

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 08:38:26 pm »
Thanks for very sound advice re detail on future postings.

Julie G