Fox

Whats happened to these?
« on: July 03, 2004, 04:27:02 am »
Well must say I'm still on here but am wondering what has happened to some of the people who used to make regular contributions?

Would love to know what is going with you lot for instance - Petra. DP and Musicman  where are you guys and the others like you who used to contribute but have disappeared!!

Come on let us know or PM if better.
Fox

Musicman

Re: Whats happened to these?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 12:23:07 pm »
Hi Fox, I'm still around. I think the last topic I got involved with was Retail Cleaning, since then there hasn't been anything to get my teeth in.

Could have done the school deep clean thing but thought it would have been too long winded. They often ask for a price per task by the square metre; also with it being a Primary School I felt it would have been too small a job for that level of detail. If we had been asked for that I would have walked away from it.

Was also bemused at the thought of pressure washing a car showroom floor - would have chosen alternative methods along the lines of the Kitchen Floor topic.

I think Petra is sorely missed, as is DP even - if we did have conflicting opinions ;D

Do you remember our Polish friend Adam from A-Z Cleaning? Wonder if he's been deported? ;) His comments were always worth a chuckle.

In one of my last posts I asked you how things were going with the new business - maybe I should have PM'd cos you never replied.

I have to say that the quality and volume of help on the General Cleaning side is significantly inferior to that on the Carpet section - there are only a handful of good contributors on this side whilst they seem to be tripping over each other to help on that side.

Talk soon.
Success is where hard work meets opportunity!

Fox

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 04:35:27 pm »
Hi Musicman

Good to hear from you.  Yes I remember A-Z he was hilarious - maybe he got deported before the new EU!  I have always wondered about how Petra is doing as she was having major problems when she last posted.

I agree the General Cleaning is slow.  I try to answer posts if I can but like you find things can get pretty long winded.  Maybe we should try to liven it up! ;)

As for the new business I will PM you soon and let you know how all is going - you know me like to just get on with it but yes it is going great - just purchased a dragonfly and am absolutley in love with it! ;D

Fox

Happyeater

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 04:40:35 pm »
Dragonfly? Is that a tattoo or summick? :-[

Fox

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 05:54:39 pm »
Hi Happyeater

A dragonfly is a 11" rotary machine for scrubbing and polishing made by premiere.  I love it because you get it in tight spaces!  

You can get loads of accessories for it including a solution tank and carpet cleaning brush drive plates.  Really handy piece of kit - it fits on the back seat of my car and is light so really easy for me to take from site to site (especially as I'm a girlie! ;D)

garyj

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 02:17:01 pm »
The Dragonfly is an excellent piece of kit isn't it, I use mine most days. There is also a smaller battery operated one for the really tight spots. The scrubber brush is well worth buying, did you get one with yours.
I have heard the solution tank attachment is more hassle than its worth.

If anyone knows where I can get an 11" bonnet then I'd like to try the machine on carpets too.

Fox

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 05:46:00 pm »
Hi Gary

How are you chuck?  Yep got a scrubbing brush, didn't get tank though.  Don't Premiere do the 11" bonnets?  I've got a catalouge somewhere I'll have to have a look.

Still waiting for my red & green pads for it though  :(  going to be tomorrow before I get them now ordered them through my normal supplier as premiere wanted a fortune!  Hey ho.

Hope all is going well.
Fox

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 02:32:18 am »
As a carpet cleaner looking in and trying to learn about General Cleaning it would be good if some of you less shy contractors started a subject even if you have been there before.

Some might fly

garyj

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 05:46:35 pm »
I had trouble finding 11" too ( no change there ::) )
I ended up cutting down my 17" with no problems, yep Premier do want a lot for them don't they, found some at a company in Bournemouth which weren't too expensive.