pjulk

Pvc Cladding Cleaning
« on: June 24, 2004, 03:30:43 am »
One of my window cleaning customers rang me tonight and asked it i can do her White upvc cladding.
I told her i could do it but it's not going to be cheap.
It is filthy a lot of black water marks.
The whole top of her house is covered in this cladding which is a 3 bed semi.

What is the best way of cleaning of the upvc cladding and how do i go about pricing it as i have not got a clue how long its going to take.

I was thinking about jif and elbow grease but i can see it will take forever.

Paul

Re: Pvc Cladding Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 06:20:47 pm »
;) ;)..This is the same reply I give to most questions like yours....

Try and find someone in your area who has a hot water pressure washer....sub-conract the job to him..you carry on cleaning windows and you`ll all win.

If that doesn`t help then this might......My company does loads of these and we mix traffic film remover with car wash and wax, put the lot into the karcher, lower the pressure and wash away with the lance.  I might add that I have extending lances ( 5.4 mtr ) and they are great.  Any stubborn marks are removed with telescopic brushes then all you have to do is ensure that the window ledges are cleaned, usually with a cloth and elbow grease.....not much though ;D ;D.

As I said we do loads of it and once you have the right gear then a semi with cladding and upvc windows can be done in around an hour and you can pull in £80 - £120 easy......There is lots of this work about.

Be careful though......low pressure only.  Don`t forget the liability insurance too. Don`t be scared of the prices, the client has asked you `cos they can`t or won`t, they are paying for you, your machinery and your time.

Have Fun... ;D

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 09:29:50 pm »
I will do that mix traffic film remover with car wash and wax, as i would rather do the job myself.
I also have a pressure washer comming so thats not a problem just have to get an extending lance as i think it will be handy.

I can see my pressure washer paying for itself in no time

Thankyou

Paul

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 12:15:32 pm »
Can you advise further on the type of Karcher model suitable and Lance etc. I have been doing these by hand and up ladders.Very time consuming and not very profitable.
Cheers

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 10:35:36 am »
;D ;D..my vans are fully self sufficient and I use Karcher 601c`s with 6:9 kva genny`s from Nixon Jetters..

As for the extending lance...look at www.northerntool.co.uk...

£70 or there abouts and it is brill...

Like I said earlier once yo have the gear it is simple..

Have Fun...

Gary_Mansfield

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 08:30:22 pm »
Hi Paul

Waterless Car Cleaning have ideal products for PVC cladding.

They are using their products successfully on GRP Boats & MotorHomes.

Contact them at sales@waterlesscarcleaning.com

Good luck

Gary
Waterless takes us to the next level