flossfield

dead baked on flies on cars
« on: June 02, 2004, 12:13:07 am »
hello,just diversified into the car valeting game and am struggling.1,can anyone help and tell me an easier way of removing insects from the bodywork and windscreens,elbow grease is doing me in and i dont want to polish them off every time,plus black motors,it doesnt matter how many times i chammy them i always need to polish the streaks out.any help would be appreciated but no,im not going to give in :-[ ???

james44

Re: dead baked on flies on cars
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 01:44:07 am »
try  wd40

nick@leicscarvalet

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 05:30:37 pm »
dont use a chamois. i use micro fibre cloths and hydrablades, smear free every time.  
regards Nick

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 09:58:24 pm »
Hi Guys

I have a Solution

Best regards Nick

WavieDavie

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 02:24:10 am »
No offence to Nick, but if you have an AutoSmart franchisor close to you, try them. I'm sure they have a cleanser/polish specifically for black paintwork on motors.

As you now know, black is a real pig to keep clean and looking good, which is why they have this product - or did years ago when I bought it from them for personal use.

As to the dead beasties - why not soak them by laying a wet soapy cloth over them while you're doing another part of the job? They should be softened up after a while. :P

Best of luck whatever you go for.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Gary_Mansfield

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 08:59:50 pm »
Try the Waterless Car Cleaning Insect remover!
No elbow grease needed!
Waterless takes us to the next level

flossfield

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 01:14:14 pm »
THANKS PEOPLE ;DIM ABOUT TO GIVE THE WATERLESS SYSTEM A GO.STILL CANT SEE HOW IT WORKS BUT IM PREPARED TO BE AMAZED. ;D

The Great One

8)Re: dead baked on flies on cars
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 04:05:43 am »
Hi

You wont be dissapointed. I know i am not.

Regards

Martin 8)

seanc

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 09:33:51 pm »
a drop pf petrel is good on a lot of things might be worth a go i know it works on tar
do it today tommorow never comes

teemro

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2004, 10:54:55 pm »
First post here...

When I rode motor bikes, to clean my visor I laid a sheet of kitehn towel (soaked) across it for ten mins, kept it wet, and then removed it.

Then clean in the 'usual' manner.

:)

garyj

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2004, 04:01:47 pm »
The front of my van was covered in flies the last heat wave we had ( some time ago now!!) and I used a chemical called Champion from Craftex in Taunton with fantastic results.
Received my intro box from waterless last week and am also very impressed with there insect remover. In fact all the products did what they said they would do very well. Still have to get over the mindset of will it scratch the car though!!! Also waterless was very easy and very fast.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2004, 07:40:31 am »
I came across a product today call shift, great for tire etc on bottom of car bodywork, etc.

nick@leicscarvalet

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2004, 09:01:46 pm »
i did 3 cars this morning all covered in flies, i used the Cristal car waterless cleaner. I'm normally very skeptical but this stuff was really good. all flies gone in one spray.

it took a little longer than using a hose but with practice it will be lots faster.
regards Nick