UK Window Cleaning Forum > Frequently Asked Questions & Useful Resources

Should i stay or should i go ?

(1/3) > >>

egor:
Hi,
I'm thinking of jacking in my job on the post due to changes in the pipeline. I'm currently on a 8 hour, 5 day week and thats worth £260 gross and £40 overtime (this is with 6weeks paid leave).
Is it possible to make this window cleaning? I've read the forum and it seems pretty good money if you put the work in. other than this i was thinking of doing taxi work.
Thanks for your help
Ian

Mikey Warner:
Hello matey, just check out the topic i started, i was in the same dilemma http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Startingwindowcleaning;action=display;num=1064338611

I'm handing my notice in Sunday Yippee!!! i've never felt so good!!

All the best Mikey

Majestic:
Hi egor,
Great record by the Clash,
If I was you I would pick window cleaning ,in the summer its a great job, not so hot in the winter .
How much you earn is up to you .How many hours you do , how many days you do, you can do what hours you want , no drunks throwing up in your car , no contest give me window cleaning  8)

karlosdaze:
Hi Ian,
I think you have to ask yourself a lot of questions. Some financial, some personal. Are you motivated? Can you handle heights, have you been on any safety training? Can you clean windows?
I'd try and get a round going on the weekends and build up from there. If you don't want to work weekends between your current job, don't bother even trying. It takes more than you think to be self employed.
However, besides this, you're work on your own, be your own boss, and choose your own holidays(non-paid) and time off to a degree. And also remember rain......there was quite a bit of that in the U.K. when I was there. When it rains, can you do another skill, or do you have something in the pipeline?
Sorry to sound negative, think twice about that old job, at least until you get established. Theres a newbie board here, see what problems they have.

STEVE71163:
Hi egor
          If you are prepared to get out their and get the work i don't think you would ever regret your decision. Ask most people on this forum if they would go back to working for somebody else ;)

Steve Lowe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version