UK Window Cleaning Forum > Frequently Asked Questions & Useful Resources

How effective is 'door knocking'?

(1/7) > >>

paul3591:
IF you knock on peoples doors and ask do they what there windows clean. how effective is this sort on promotion

Majestic:
When I was starting up I tried all kinds of things to get more work,I tried going knocking on doors but I did not get a very good response people saw a man walking down there path and did not answer the door .
The best responce I had was from posting  flyers , even that took 2 tries, first one I put a contact telephone number but not many phoned ,so I tried using a 2 sided flyer , one side Do you need a window cleaner, on the other side  yes please clean my windows , I had a much better response from that  8)

fez:

--- Quote --- Do you need a window cleaner, on the other side  yes please clean my windows , I had a much better response from that  8)
--- End quote ---

Did they leave the leaflet out for you to see or post it back to you?

I like the sound of that idea - most people never get around to phoning you even if they'd use your services.

Majestic:
Fez
I told them to put  it in the window where I could see it, a couple of days later I called round the area to see how many had put my leaflet in the window , then posted another telling them what day I would call to clean  , it worked really well  8)

fez:
Majestic.

Cheers for that, it sounds a really good idea. Much better than cold calling as nobody likes being bothered by people on the doorstep selling stuff - no matter how good/cheap etc.

I might give it a go up here. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version