Blue Frog Systems

Winter Clothing thread
« on: September 09, 2009, 07:21:52 am »
This will be my first winter as a windy cleaner. I know its going to be cold, so wanted to know what you guys wear to keep you warm & dry.

I have a boiler suit that im planning on wearing when its raining all day. But when its on and off showers, im just not sure whats best for the job as the boiler suit can ge quite hot.

Post your winter kit here with pics (if you have them), prices & links to them or where you got yours from.

Sure this will help not just me, but a few guys & girls on here
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

a900

Re: Winter Clothing thread
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 08:15:29 am »
My first winter too and i would appreciate your replys.

johns window kleen

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 08:24:00 am »
Personally a good quality body warmer {armless} is a good buy. Under that a sweat shirt, and T-Shirt.
Its surprising how warm you can get doing this job, even in the winter, so dont overdo the clothing.

2 pairs of good socks and good boots. Army Greens are good.
Good pairs of gloves, and fingerless woolen gloves.

And finally a decent selection of wooly hats to cover your ears up. Preferably with the Spurs motive on them.  ;D

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 08:33:53 am »
In addition to what I normally wear, just an extra sweatshirt, possibly logoed baseball cap too if its an easterly wind.

Working tends to help keep me warm.

Its the UK mate, not Scandinavia, then you'd be asking  ;D

Im WFP btw, if you're working off ladders......well, thats a different kettle of fish altogether. Id jack it in now if thats the case whilst the goings good  ;D

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:31:37 am »
Its been a while since ive worked in the good old out doors.

Anyone wear seal skin socks ? been thinking of getting a couple of pairs
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 10:41:08 am »
We normally just wear a plain t-shirt under our company t-shirt and then a company fleece, as long as you keep working hard find this is more that enough even on those cold frozen mornings

tomy jackson

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 12:21:53 pm »
yes ther brill sealscine socks

JS_Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 02:41:32 pm »
i work trad, i usually just wear a beanie hat, heavy jumper or fleece, my girlfriend got me a nice pair of  lined trousers which are great.

when it gets really cold my hands go numb,but get used to it after a few days, another window cleaner round my area recommended a pair of gloves off the cleantech website, works like a wet suit, might give them a try this year

tony talbot

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 06:53:56 pm »
two tea shirts jeans two pairs of socks and a pair of marigold gloves with the fingers cut off, also keep moving

tompoole

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 07:05:11 pm »
Short sleeved shirt , jeans and a good set of waterproofs From paramo.
Dont't wrap up too much , youi will end up sweating and when you stop working you will get cold. oh and a pair of rubber gloves for the 1st half hour, i take them of after 30 mins as you ten to warm up once working

weetot

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 07:09:42 pm »
A balaclava and some shiny red speedo trunks................just the ticket :P
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 12:43:54 am »
i still wear shorts and a company polo shirt in the winter

Mike #1

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 08:02:07 am »
body warmer is a defo best to get lightweight micro fleece i've found never tried sealskinz socks might give em a go , i wear moutain biking gloves with magic gloves underneath all gloves apart from marigolds get wet and your hands get cold even sealskinz the outer is not waterproof

jonnyald

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 08:10:17 am »
i dont normally wear gloves in winter but yesterday i saw a windowguy wearing what looked like yellow fluorescent fingerless gloves . from what i could see looked like they were made of a  wide mesh material ,like a net   

Londoner

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 07:35:56 am »
A good fleece is the best, and a warm hat .

Pj

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 08:29:31 am »
Dress like an onion
That way you can peel thin layers off as you get warmer.
Unfortunately I look like an onion these days :'(

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 08:57:27 am »
its worth noteing the differance in regional weather when i was in working london a couple of years ago we was out at knight with just tee shirts on and locals had full coats/scarfs/hats but when i was in the north east i was freezing and those gordies saying im a soft lad  ;D

nelly

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 09:26:19 pm »
I wear a half sleeve golf jacket,wind proof and rain resistance over my teeshirt,hiking boots and good pair of sock's,
can't use gloves hands get use to the cold after bout an hour,touchin the ally ladders