FUN

Re: Winter gloves.
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 12:35:16 pm »
ps To buy sealskinz Window cleaning warehouse seems good value for money http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/products/workwear.html

john tomkins

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 12:35:53 pm »
Forget neoprene gloves. They're full of holes quicker than a call girls tights. I use sealskinz gloves. They are waterproof, breathable and hardwearing. They've never seen a seal in their life though. So strange name. Thay do socks also, which are great if you tend to get wet feet at all. Couldn't recommend them enough!

I was looking at Sealskinz (as in my first post) but general view doing a search on this forum was that they DON'T last :(

How long have you been using yours?

FUN

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 12:40:30 pm »
I bought two pairs and used them all last winter. They're as good as new! Whoever said they don't last must have them confused with a neoprene type glove. I got mine from http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/products/workwear.html

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 12:46:04 pm »
Forget neoprene gloves. They're full of holes quicker than a call girls tights. I use sealskinz gloves. They are waterproof, breathable and hardwearing. They've never seen a seal in their life though. So strange name. Thay do socks also, which are great if you tend to get wet feet at all. Couldn't recommend them enough!

I was looking at Sealskinz (as in my first post) but general view doing a search on this forum was that they DON'T last :(

How long have you been using yours?
if they last 5 months I think that it would be money well spent as it is not expensive IMO and how often do we wear gloves anyway.

I also found these aswell on there:
http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/products/workwear/sealskinz-socks.html

thats a great idea, I am going to order some as I hate getting cold feet hands are used to it, but me feet are another kettle of fish (I used to put plastic bags inside my socks with a little water in when my feet got to cold)

NWH

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 12:47:27 pm »
These gloves are good providing there being used for WFP use,using them for trad cleaning is a no no.Regardless of them being or saying that there waterproof they don`t keep your hands dry when cleaning trad way.

john tomkins

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 01:28:58 pm »
I bought two pairs and used them all last winter. They're as good as new! Whoever said they don't last must have them confused with a neoprene type glove. I got mine from http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/products/workwear.html

Just a quick search gave these posts, ok also found lots of positives but lots saying they dont last :-\

I tried sealskin last winter, got them a good £10 cheaper than the shops from an equestrian store on e bay
They were great with the added bonus of keeping your hands dry even if you emmersed them in water.
But they did'nt last too long before they begun splitting around the thumb joints.
Last year i was using Sealskin and thought they were great. BUT the only downside i found about them were they aren't hardwearing enough.
I went through 4 pairs last winter and at £25 a pair it was a bit expensive.
I bought a couple of pairs of Sealskinz gloves for window cleaning, as they're made from "porelle" and are waterproof.
www.sealskinz.com
Though they are warm, they did not prove to be waterproof for very long.  I used them for the 2nd time today and they leaked.
At £20 a pair I am most unimpressed.  Especially as they say "for window cleaning" on the packet.
Anyone else had this trouble?

I have killed unger neoprene gloves in 6 days and sealskins in aprox 3 weeks. I use blue builders rubber gloves from homebuild at £2.37 inc vat they last aprox 8 weeks but a lot cheaper than the other two.
Cheers Jason

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 01:37:35 pm »

Just a quick search gave these posts, ok also found lots of positives but lots saying they dont last :-\

I tried sealskin last winter, got them a good £10 cheaper than the shops from an equestrian store on e bay
They were great with the added bonus of keeping your hands dry even if you emmersed them in water.
But they did'nt last too long before they begun splitting around the thumb joints.
Last year i was using Sealskin and thought they were great. BUT the only downside i found about them were they aren't hardwearing enough.
I went through 4 pairs last winter and at £25 a pair it was a bit expensive.
I bought a couple of pairs of Sealskinz gloves for window cleaning, as they're made from "porelle" and are waterproof.
www.sealskinz.com
Though they are warm, they did not prove to be waterproof for very long.  I used them for the 2nd time today and they leaked.
At £20 a pair I am most unimpressed.  Especially as they say "for window cleaning" on the packet.
Anyone else had this trouble?

I have killed unger neoprene gloves in 6 days and sealskins in aprox 3 weeks. I use blue builders rubber gloves from homebuild at £2.37 inc vat they last aprox 8 weeks but a lot cheaper than the other two.
Cheers Jason

I do trad and wfp, more wfp than trad though I will get a pair and let you know

NWH

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 02:16:45 pm »
The best pair i`ve tried are sealskinz new mountain bike gloves,really good for WFP keep your hands warm and dry.

jimlucas

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 08:15:41 pm »

tonylee

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 09:00:26 pm »
hi
odered a pair of sealsinz from windowcleaningwarehouse last wednesday. my first pair. but i am  still awaiting the delivery. anyone else think their delivery is poor any do you think they will have arrived by the spring!
tony

jimlucas

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2007, 09:29:46 pm »
Thats why I use wintecs great products at great price with next day delivery guaranteed