2011 lol  ;D
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Simon Mess

Re: winter forecast
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 03:18:59 pm »
Couple of years ago, at this time of year, we were all hearing how weather 'experts' were predicting the worst winter for decades. What happened?, virtually nothing!. Long range forecasts are like normal forecasts, but with even less accuracy!. Don't sweat it, what happens happens, just take each day as it comes.

C o z y

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 03:32:04 pm »
Couple of years ago, at this time of year, we were all hearing how weather 'experts' were predicting the worst winter for decades. What happened?, virtually nothing!. Long range forecasts are like normal forecasts, but with even less accuracy!. Don't sweat it, what happens happens, just take each day as it comes.

Yep! Forecasts have improved though. I tend to ignore these where I live. I know I heard a guy on the radio last year talking about solar activity having a massive effect on weather, but can't remember the guy's name now  :( Ah well, the forecast can't be as bad as that "BBQ summer" you were all going to get, that turned into the wettest summer on record  ::)roll

Even by local standards, last winter wasn't the coldest we had here in Boxheadland, but by far the longest. Had 2 ft of snow here untill the first week in April  >:( Can do without that.

No still don't understand, I must be thick

Stephen.C

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 04:35:23 pm »
Long range forecasting, is very vague and manly inaccurate.
I have a met office client on my books she tells me the weather can change with very little warning due to the jet stream
that affects the gulf stream or vice versa can't remember ,and the sea temperature in the Atlantic has a major impact on our weather.
If the Atlantic warms quickly in the spring this moves the Gulf stream south as it did last year then its wet and manly with low pressure.
She says they can predict long range but normally get it only 20% of what is predicted that far in advance right.
She told me its looking like a mild winter with average rainfall with the odd cold snap. ;D So more like bloody could lots of snow and we aren't going to get out from November to march. :o
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

www.pureh2owindowcleaning.com

andyM

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 05:09:03 pm »
The met office stopped giving their "long range 90 day forecasts" after their 2009 "Barbecue Summer" clanger.

One of the Plebs

tompoole

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 08:24:43 pm »
they said in april /may this year that we are in for wet summers for the next ten years...... two days later the sun came out and stayed out all summer!!!!
 Last year we were put on a hose pipe ban du to driest 6 months on record over winter and they forcast last may there was no rain forecast for three months at at least........ week later it started raing and rained for 10 months !
so sorry to sound sceptical they couldnt forcast what it will do tomorrow let alone months in advance.
forget it , just get up every morning and go to work.