andy_a

Re: winter gloves
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 11:14:03 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i find they tear when wringing out scrim :(

What gloves you wear now then?

ive gone back to the thick marigolds (handyman ones i think) with thermal inserts

This is a good idea and cheap! Can you get black ones as pink and yellow are not for me lol
I'll give this a go for sure  

Yes, I use them. You can get black, heavy duty ones in Tesco for less than £2. Add some thinnish liners, when it's really cold. Warm hands and they are totally waterproof, if a little restrictive.
They might not be for everybody, but for the money, you've almost nothing to lose. Unlike some of the more professional gloves.

Tried this with thin gloves as liners & for under £4 in total Brilliant! Totally waterproof cheap to replace if they get torn/ripped and although they are tight on my hands by the end of the day I didnt even notice and my hands where warm & clean! Cheers for this post  ;D

john tomkins

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 11:42:45 pm »
Second winter coming up fror my Joka Polars , no complaints

So like me you used them a few times last winter ;)

G Griffin

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 12:17:18 am »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i find they tear when wringing out scrim :(

What gloves you wear now then?

ive gone back to the thick marigolds (handyman ones i think) with thermal inserts

This is a good idea and cheap! Can you get black ones as pink and yellow are not for me lol
I'll give this a go for sure  

Yes, I use them. You can get black, heavy duty ones in Tesco for less than £2. Add some thinnish liners, when it's really cold. Warm hands and they are totally waterproof, if a little restrictive.
They might not be for everybody, but for the money, you've almost nothing to lose. Unlike some of the more professional gloves.

Tried this with thin gloves as liners & for under £4 in total Brilliant! Totally waterproof cheap to replace if they get torn/ripped and although they are tight on my hands by the end of the day I didnt even notice and my hands where warm & clean! Cheers for this post  ;D

You're welcome, Andy.
They are still the best solution for me. I've tried neoprene, Sealskins and others but I prefer these and they are the cheapest. Also, I like their versatility- add liners or remove when it's not too cold. And they are very easy to work in without a liner.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Frankybadboy

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 07:07:17 am »
trying theses at moo.

first thing i done was put them on and staight in bucket of water,and hey total waterproof,used them for mtbikng as well and totally warm and still waterproof,light enough to use when blading and easy to turn of taps on poles when on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330594575573?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

bad trippy

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 08:07:44 am »
trying theses at moo.

first thing i done was put them on and staight in bucket of water,and hey total waterproof,used them for mtbikng as well and totally warm and still waterproof,light enough to use when blading and easy to turn of taps on poles when on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330594575573?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
girl thingy
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 11:37:31 am »
iver just ordered some winter gloves from gardiners so i'll review them this winter for you all!  ;D

i know... i know... im ace but please.... im a modest guy! ;D

Gary Abbott

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 02:51:33 pm »
We have a selection of gloves for sale if you would like to have a look.

Thanks Gary.

www.windowcleaningequipment.co.uk

Dave Anderson

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 05:41:11 pm »
I have found that Showa 377 are perfect for wfp & trad work...not to thick or thin and strong.....

Cheers
Dave.
The more I know the less I know I know ...