fayellen

Re: constant late payments by agency, waht to do?
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 02:14:08 pm »
Mark it's not that I have done nothing I just realy don't see how he is using me yes he certainly doesn't appreciate me and is an unreliable idiot whom seems to think I will just carry on regardless and not say anything to his clients, but when I leave I will tell them just how unreliable he has been.
Could someone please explain to me how he is using me.

clinton

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 03:08:00 pm »
hi fay

Are you self employed or just starting up ???

Or do you have a regular client base.

cheers clinton

cml

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 03:14:06 pm »
You have asked for advice but appear to not have taken anything on board. 

You like the job, he is not using you and all sorts or excuses are used.  Are these still his only clients and if so then he is using you for his PR and face of his company because you have not discussed any of his continuing problem with the client so he feels safe with you.  Why would he rock the boat when he is quite happy earning off you with no questions asked?

You have not checked nor complained about the lack of payslips nor whether tax has been paid on your behalf.  But if you really think about it did he get you to fill out a P46 at the start?  10 hours a week hardly makes the threshold for tax liability.  You also have your own clients or business so what is your real status, that of a subcontractor or employee.  You lead us to believe you are an employee but what agreement is in place, you should know some aspects of what you should be doing if you are already self employed.  Therefore what are your real reasons for putting up with this?  Are you also not declaring your earnings from your other jobs.  Something does not appear right with this whole set up and you need to examine the real issues. 
If you are not declaring your own earnings I would seriously think about it and question yourself as to whether the whole thing is worth it as the penalties for non disclosure can be very harsh.

fayellen

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 05:12:16 pm »
CML, When I started for this guy he was my only job so cash in hand worked very well for me, although he was starting to get very sarcastic about the fact I wasn't paying tax.
I now have 8 different clients totalling 35 hours I am declaring my work and paying tax and stamp.
I see where you are coming from but I am classed as self employed for this guy and I know he hasn't been paying tax for me hence the sarcasm. I don't get payslips from any of my jobs but when I have filled tax returns out in the past I have never been asked to produce anything as proof.
My real reasons for putting up with this is I like the job it fits in with all my other jobs and is flexible when needed I don't think there is anything sinister here perhaps just someone (me) who has been way too soft in the past but is not willing to put up with it any longer. Thanks for all your replies and sorry if I seem a little naive I am new to all this

mark dew

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 02:06:42 pm »
hiya fayellen, wasn't meant to be sarcastic.
I thought from reading your posts that you were having trouble getting paid for 16 months. And that he used being in a pub as a reason not to pay you there and then.
I've been lucky maybe (or people ain't as bad as i'd thought they would be), since working for myself in that i haven't had to chase too much.
But from a previous life, payment issues become worse if they exist in the 1st place.
After 16 months, this is not gonna be easy for you to change. But if i was him i would look on someone like yourself as being in the 'last to pay' category cos i can get away with it.
Different folks different strokes, i guess.
I couldn't function knowing i should be due some cash this friday, but it might be friday 24 november??
If you can fair play to you.
Only you really know if it is ok for you or not.
It is easy to sit on a comp and advise, do this or i wouldn't do that. But it is only an opinion and one that doesn't carry the weight or knowledge of your own opinion.
Good luck with it.

fayellen

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 11:32:47 am »
Well finally after many months the guy started messing clients about by getting a rubbish cleaner in to cover for me and ignoring them constantly so they asked me if I would be interested in  working for them directly, I explained the situation to them and they were shocked that he hadn't been paying me on time and said they difinately did not want to lose  me. They have now got rid of this guy (which I feel a bit bad about) and given me a pay rise and promised to pay me on time.
It's all a bit awkward as I know his wife but you cannot keep messing people about and expect them to keep you on.

Window Washers

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 12:15:07 am »
I have worked for a friend of a friends husband now for 16mnths, he set up his own agency and was desperatre for a cleaner for a new client he had so i started doing 10 hours a week, the client is very happy with me and i have always been reliable and dependable even getting my own cover on occasions.
For the first two weeks he paid me fine then he asked if he could pay me every 2 weeks, fine by me, then he kept forgetting so turned into 4 weeks I said to him pay me every 4 weeks but he said it is too much money to hand over in one go. so back to two weeks, if and when he remembers which is never.
I have told him i would appreciate a more reliable payment which he apologised for but said he keeps forgetting!! I even texted him one week to tell him payment was due and he texted back saying sorry he was in the pub and couldn't get it to me.
I am so frustrated with this guy and would tell him to stick his job but the people I clean for are very nice and also very generous with gifts etc. They are the only clients he has.
So what would you do I would approach the people i clean for but would they want to know as they lead very busy lives and would it be appropriate.
I have told agency guy on more than one occasion i would like to be paid on time. I have lots of my own cleaning jobs and have no problem with them.
Please any advice would be welcome as i know lots of you have your own cleaning businesses or clean for other people.
Many thanks
Tje gfuy is cleaerly not in it for a business more using you to pay the bar bill, I would go to customers and say I will be leaving say the reason why and give them a card of yours, working for someone and not getting paid is just not on, I employ and would not dream of not paying them on time.

The guy is clearly takes the kickey out of you, only you can stop this.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)