Paul Heath

Re: Advertising in Yellow Pages
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 06:50:24 pm »
All i have had from the YP is other advertising reps trying sell me space in there publication. Will not be advertising with them again. Get yourself a good web site this is where people look first. When you think about it, if you want find something where is the first place you look? I bet you don't go for the YP first!!

Bertie Boo

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 12:27:20 am »
"Get yourself a good web site" (quote)

And BOY are there some poo cleaning websites on the net...the one i saw for Time For You has to be one of the worst, what with the occasional error in the punctuantion, plus many words capitalised incorrectly, and no end of crap to read about how the owners of the agency do this-that-and-the-other in their spare time, not to mention how they 'slagged off' (if you will) other cleaning services that did not operate in the same way as they did.

All in all i thought it totally unprofessional and patronising - who are we to tell the client how much free time they will have if they hire a cleaner? There were also overtones that they thought the cleaners they employ (and more so the ones they say weren't suitable...) were the scum of society...

Stephen

Alan Rowley

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2007, 07:08:31 am »
Picked up a good one-off office clean yesterday simply by having 'a good web site'. Could lead to a weekly contract too. I've also picked up a twice-weekly office contract because they liked our website.

I haven't bothered with local papers, Yellow Pages and any of these cleaning registers that keep pestering you. Word of mouth and a good website is what you need.

Prestige1

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2007, 09:16:23 am »
Berty its not that bad! Phil from time for you.
Who Dares Wins

Bertie Boo

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2007, 09:23:15 am »
Phil

Its not the generic Time For You website i'm on about, its the sub-website that one of it's franchisees uses. Awful, really awful IMHO  :-\

Which region of Time For You are you involved with?

Cheers

Stephen

Prestige1

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2007, 12:54:45 pm »
non just kidding
Who Dares Wins

Bertie Boo

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2007, 02:07:04 pm »
 ;D you muppet  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

stephen