maidstone

I'm very new cleaning business..help me
« on: April 06, 2007, 07:29:54 pm »
 :) hi everyone, i'm very new in this field haven't yet formed the business but thinking of opening it asap. I want to open a cleaning and ironing business in maidstone but they are many. I would like to know how much would i charge the client ? how much shall i pay staff? how can i charge customer by cash or by contract standing order? how much shall i charge the client by bedrooms or by hours? please help me///hope there is so many experienced in here who would like to help a house wife want to become successful...
would be very glad if offered advice..
[/u]

Mike_Boxall

Re: I'm very new cleaning business..help me
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 08:28:43 pm »
Hi

Most of the information you need you'll find if you spend some time looking through some of the previous topics. You're asking for an awful lot of information in one go and I doubt you'll get many replies without first looking at some of the topics already on the site.

Good luck with your new business anyway

Regards

Mike

martin19842

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 10:50:06 pm »
hi there

maidstone,

what is your experince base??

have yu been a cleaner  ??

have you been a manager ??

have yu any administration experience  ??

regards

martin

maidstone

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 11:36:56 pm »

build clean, reclean, sparkle clean

View Profile WWW    
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:50:06pm »    Reply with quote
hi there

maidstone,

what is your experince base??

have yu been a cleaner  ??

have you been a manager ??

have yu any administration experience  ??

regards

martin

hi martin
thank you for your good concern.
i am totally new in this business in admin but i was a cleaner before..i am totally new about the business.. i would appreciate if you would help me find my answer..
maidstone

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 09:06:24 am »
hi there,

i think you need to sit down, research your local competitors, see what they are doing, and then decide what you are going to do.

if you have no admin, manageent or accounts experience, then you ay want to look at developing that first.

it is all to easy to come on to the web, and think that you can start a cleaning business overnight, there seems to be a perception that this is a low skill set business and therefore is EASY.

please be aware that this is not an easy business to operate, no easier than any other.

you need to be prepared to work hard, research your suppliers, your potential customer base, esp if you are going to do domestic.

you need to ake sure that your PL insurance is in place, your method statements, risk assessments, COSHH, etc.

have a great weekend

regards

martin

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 09:42:16 am »
Welcome maidstone,

What made you want to start cleaing?

have you got any customers yet?

What part of the cleaning spectrum do you do best?

how much set up capital do you have?

I'm sure this Forum will help as much as they can but be aware there are some idiots out there who will post some real off putting sh*t , just ignore them.
just like to say that the last posts on your subject are not included in the above statment.

good luck

Nick

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 11:47:49 am »
I started by making up a portfolio of my company, put my whistle on and started to visit business premises in search of cleaning contracts, when I got my first one I then took out insurance and done the cleaning myself, I went on like this until I was working an average of 60-70 hrs per week(cleaning hours) at this point there was enough profit in it to pay others to do the cleaning which left me free to chase more work and I`ve just carried on like that,

there are hundreds of free courses and one day workshops that you can go to learn the admin side so don`t panic about that to much.

My best advice would be to do as much as possible yourself to start with then you have not got the worries and paper work of employing people, and your insurance will be cheaper too, I would also recommend you do you own accounts to start with and just get your accountant to check its all done correctly, I did this and am glad I took the opportunity to learn when I did because I now have a good understanding of what my book keeper and accountant do for me.

If I meet someone who is successful I always pick their brains, most of the time they can`t wait to tell people how they succeeded and you never know where it might lead, I spent the day yesterday cruising around in a 1 million pound motor yacht ;D ;D

above all work hard, learn lots, earn lots, and keep smiling throughout............... ;D

maidstone

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 08:51:31 pm »
thank you gleaamservice  for all the info.
my only concern now is where to find all those free courses.
your help will be much appreciated.

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 09:27:07 am »
business link is a good place to start,
your bank my be able to help,
if your under 28 speak to the princes trust,
Inland revenue,

as I think of more i`ll post on here  ;D

maidstone

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 11:48:30 am »
thank you gleamservice. i'm attending a workshop provided by businesslink tomorrow. i'll let u know afterwards.manythanks.

TracyG

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 05:35:49 pm »
Hi Maidstone,

Im really new to all this to so if you want to swap ideas etc my email address is tracygunn@ntlworld.com
im getting ready to register the business - im in herts. There is so much to learn! Good luck  :)

maidstone

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 05:38:23 pm »
hi guys,
i'm ready to start business now ..can u suggest me how to advertize? leaflets or by postcards size pamplets..please i'm thirsty for advice..help me..

angela stone

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 06:09:39 pm »
you can get a free listing from yell.com which if your start up budget is tight, then this might be beneficial.  Or you can pay for a better advert- their prices are listed on their website.
But, be warned they pass your information onto Experian who then it turn, have all and sundry ringing you selling you things. 

Do you have a website?  something worth thinking about.

I have 2 leaflets - one is tri-fold which I tend to give to commercials or big domestics, and the other is A5 size for the other domestics.

Do you have any business network groups in your area?  I was invited as a guest by a neighbour.  From one session I got one customer who has now lead to 3 in the same building.

Good luck, hope this helps.  Ange

maidstone

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 07:50:58 pm »
thank you angela..thank you so much for the info..

maidstone

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 07:52:16 pm »
guys..can u tell me which vaccuum cleaner would be the best to use for domestic and other cleanings? help would be appreciated..

martin19842

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 08:17:08 pm »
hi there

Henrys, or the numatic grey ones, they are bullet proof.

regards

martin

maidstone

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 09:53:59 am »
hi martin,

thank you so much for the advice..i love henry too..but my budget is very tight..and i found a hoover in ebay it is very powerful 2400w bagless hoover.. the link is
 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250105375581&rd=1&rd=1

, please suggest me is this a nice one or advice in anyother cheaper ones or the henry the best one!!! suggest me..thank you..

maidstone

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 06:21:50 pm »
hi everyone
can u suggest me how i can charge the customer by cash or by standing order or by cheque?? please advice..help would be appreciated..many thanks...

maidstone

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 09:35:51 am »
hi guys..
hope i get more answers please help me...

The Great One

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 12:21:27 pm »
Hi

Welcome to cleaning.

I can see you are asking for help with every aspect of business, check through the entire site and search for what you need to know.

We cannot run you business for you, we can take payment for you as well if it helps!

Regards

Martin 8)

maidstone

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 06:33:23 pm »
hi martin19842

thank you for the suggestion and i bought henry hoover..its good..thank yyou for the advice...

maidstone

maidstone

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 06:37:05 pm »
hi everyone
can u suggest me how i can charge the customer by cash or by standing order or by cheque?? please advice..help would be appreciated..many thanks...please help in this i'm finding very hard...

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 09:00:27 am »
take the cash

maidstone

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 11:29:58 pm »
thank you dreamclean..
thank you very much for the advice..

maidstone

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 08:20:10 pm »
hi everyone
can u help me quote a 1. 2 . 3 bed house price for regular cleans and spring clean please..

maidstone

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 03:35:51 pm »
HI EVERYONE PLEASE HELP ME QUOTE THE DEEP CLEAN -ONE OFF CLEAN PLEASE..

shelton

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 03:47:25 pm »
If you provide more info, you might get an answer.

So far, you've posted a multitude of random questions which, if you actually thought about, you could've worked out for yourself.

As with most aspects of grown-up life, you learn best by making mistakes and learning from them.  This site is a great resource . .. so please use the search function.  By all means ask questions, but you shouldn't really expect everyone else to run your business for you.

At the end of the day, it's your customer, in your area, and you work to your rates.