« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 09:32:32 pm »
How are you getting on with it tony?
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Tony Edwards

Re: Advice please guys
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 10:42:44 pm »
Hi lee

Did what you said. With the plug out pulled the start cord lots of times and let the plug dry over night

Changed the oil as well. Put the plug in but start still really hard to pull

Not sure what else to do mate

Smurf

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014, 11:03:38 pm »
Just a thought maybe try turning over the engine with water running through the pump but no hose or lance connected just to see if it will turn over ok to eliminate a dodgy trigger on the gun. Or when you have the hose connected with a direct feed from an outside tap to the washer when you pull the trigger on the gun does water come out of the lance or not?

Smurf

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 11:16:24 pm »
Reason why I asked I was using a fsc then went to swap over to a lance as you do but somehow the jets on the fsc both became blocked with what looked like broken bits of o ring sticking of of both jets. Because I turned the washer off and could not release the pressure not only could I not uncouple the quick release coupling on the lenghth of pw hose but the engine could not be turned over either due to the pressure already in the system.

Kenny83

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 10:27:58 pm »
So its really loose and free with spark plug out? And no petrol shot out when you pulled the cord?
If so then you need to be looking at your valve settings (on the engine) maybe even a sticky valve and possibly blocked exhaust? (Long shot)
The problem is the compression in the engine is not being released out... also I believe the gx engines have an automatic decompress or in the engine somewhere, this could be at fault...
In any case I would start with the valve clearances as that's easiest, then I'd take the exhaust of if that doesn't work... After that your looking at taking the valves out and lapping / cleaning them... and that's as far as I'd go personally :)
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

BDCS

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 09:56:18 pm »
I'd agree the auto compressor is stuck - its on the end of the camshaft and only operates the valve when the engine spins except yours operates all the time and thats why you can't spin it over. Take it to the mower shop - if he knows what he's doing it'll only take him an hour

paolo82

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 08:55:10 pm »
hi tony, 
  did you find out wot the  problem was with your machine. same thing happened to my gx390 its only a year old , i took machine to seddons in birmingham as they do warranty work  they took gearbox and pump off and it worked fine, they said there was no problem with the machine.  I then booked in 2 driveways to be cleaned the following week as i almost finished  the second drive same thing happened it has not started since.  its needs to go back to a honda warranty centre . gx engines come with 3 year warranty.