Darren O

Re: Pressure Washing Advice
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 07:55:11 pm »
Have you ever carried a 10 litre bucket of water and a 2 piece ladder on your back for 8 hours a day non stop.

Darren O

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 07:58:59 pm »
Did a carpet cleaning job today in the west end of Glasgow 3rd floor flat had to take a 56kg portable plus hoses and wand and a few other bits and bobs up 3 flights of stairs.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 10:09:56 pm »
Have you ever carried a 10 litre bucket of water and a 2 piece ladder on your back for 8 hours a day non stop.
You should find some windows to do in-between then mate, it'll save your back.

G O Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2014, 08:28:02 am »
Take my comment the way it was meant  ::)roll, I am an old fella  ;D We do carpets, window cleaning, pressure washing plus more, I would not opt for pressure washing as a less strenuous option. Certain aspects can cause injury, using turb all day and simply the stance can effect back / neck, I have had several youngsters who could not take it similar to using wfp.. looking up all the time.
As for the bucket / ladder, most of the time I am working so I haven't got time for leisure activities  ;D
Good luck with it, Mike

Jettaway

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2014, 09:46:54 am »
I don't find it hurts my back that much, sometimes when carrying coiled pressure hose a bit of a distance I feel it the next day and yes it can nag if using lance for a prolonged period.

Neck and shoulders on the other hand, they do ache a lot from looking down all the time.

But still, there's more physical jobs out there!!

Roger Oakley

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2014, 09:58:23 am »
Jettaway,
I'll give you a shout early March as I'm up your way doing that deck we spoke about last year.

Jettaway

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 10:30:30 am »
Please Roge,
Cheers,
Chris