Ian101

1st week of pressure washing completed
« on: May 04, 2013, 05:45:15 am »
Just done a week solid of pressure washing and defo enjoyed the change from cleaning windows.

Done several block driveways and a few patio's - all together about 800 sq/m.

Learned a few things such as whats best to use and when turbo nozzle / fsc / normal lance, dont wash down area too soon as will be messed up when cleaning next area, check machine oil levels  ::)roll.

Discovered my 100 ltr water feed supply not always big enough as had to keep stopping whilst it filled up again.

Love turbo nozzle on block driveways even if a little intimidating at first.

oh maybe a little weird but find resanding very relaxing  ;D

New goal now is to try and make this a full time job as windows very boring and pain in ass working for small amounts here, there and everywhere ........ thinking of approaching some local Macdonalds for early hour pressure washing.

Machine and equipment I bought off Simon @ Pristine Pathways worked really great all week and only used 40 litres of petrol for a weeks work.

Blast Away

Re: 1st week of pressure washing completed
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 01:38:27 pm »
Nice one, good luck.

Expect McDonalds to either say "We do it ourselves" or they'll want it done for next to nothing.

Jettaway

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 07:38:10 pm »
McDonalds are a no go mate. When we had the hose pipe ban last year one of the restaurants near me asked me to quote to remove oil and then clean drive thru plus all paths and islands... Gave them a price and never heard back... It was a cheap price too!

Pleased to hear you enjoyed your week on the machine and I agree that re Sanding can be quite relaxing.  But hey, wait til you have to re sand 200+ square metres, that's knackering!! esp when you don't start doing it til 2pm on a Friday afternoon. Lol. Fridays poets day (p off early tommorows Saturday).

Just an observation mate, 40 litres of fuel seems a bit excessive to me even for a full hard week. Do you run the engine throttle on full? What size engine is it and what pump?

I've got a 14 HP with an interpump 200 bar @ 16lpm and my engine only runs at half throttle at most as that's what it needs for the pump to reach Max output.  Any throttle over that is unused energy as pump doesn't need more so just wasting fuel. If you pull trigger on lance and just slowly increase throttle until the water coming out stops increasing in pressure then make a mental marker on the throttle position. You'll probably find your pump will Max out somewhere around 1/2 - 3/4 throttle

Ian101

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 06:42:38 am »

Just an observation mate, 40 litres of fuel seems a bit excessive to me even for a full hard week. Do you run the engine throttle on full? What size engine is it and what pump?

I've got a 14 HP with an interpump 200 bar @ 16lpm and my engine only runs at half throttle at most as that's what it needs for the pump to reach Max output.  Any throttle over that is unused energy as pump doesn't need more so just wasting fuel. If you pull trigger on lance and just slowly increase throttle until the water coming out stops increasing in pressure then make a mental marker on the throttle position. You'll probably find your pump will Max out somewhere around 1/2 - 3/4 throttle

Ive got a 250/15 and was running engine at 90% most of the time  ::)roll - good tip thanks thought it had to be on full throttle to get max from pump - doh !

johnny bravo

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 08:25:21 pm »
been working today,  fsc was not so usefull,     turbo most of it.     when stopping lance is it common to get a kick back on pressure washer  on rtt hose.     I noticed a couple of knocking sounds    what would this be. had someone fixing unloader valve  to get right setting.    hope they done it right.     I need a longer lance    seemed to be stooping,      bit of a backache when I got home.

johnny bravo

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 08:26:38 pm »
pic

BDCS

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 08:53:20 pm »
Wind the unloader all the way in and then out half a turn - forget it. The click is the unloader - the numpty will move in and out as you stop start. The water will return down the rtt when you let go of the trigger - that is the kick as it has to go somewhere. I doubt if you need a longer lance - just stand up straight or are you very tall ?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 09:02:30 pm »
I have all of my lances made to suit my height, I also have four lances that are about 2.5 metres long for roof work. I never struggle with a bad back now.

What you do get by leaning over slightly with the head is a pain at the swivel point of the head on the spine. Look up and stretch out regularly!!

Carl

I am still on the hunt for another angle and remember your dry ice machine - still got it - is it still up for sale?

Rob ;D

johnny bravo

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 09:13:30 pm »
im 6.3in tall,  tried my new FSC  12 inch  I bought for £249,    didn't seem to get block paving clean,   is this the norm with fs cleaners     or are they more usefull on    flat surfaces like paving slabs .    resorted to turbo .took me a bit longer than I thought.  bit messy ,  cleaned down afterwards

Kenny83

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 09:46:00 pm »
What machine you using mate?
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Tony Edwards

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 11:37:56 pm »
Lee

Any news on the whirl away yet

Cheers mate

Kenny83

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 11:45:31 pm »
Yes mate, he was off this weekend, he is supoosed to be coming mine tommorrow evening or tuesday at the latest to do the job mate, I will text you as soon as it's done mate, yhou have first refusals  ;D
Pressure Washing -

Tony Edwards

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 11:58:12 pm »
Cheers mate

Sorry to be a pain just got loads of work in the pipeline

Kenny83

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 12:05:26 am »
no worries mate, I also want to sell it asap, just been busy myself on the cleaning side so haven't had chance get round to it
 ;D
Pressure Washing -

BDCS

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 12:12:51 am »

Carl

I am still on the hunt for another angle and remember your dry ice machine - still got it - is it still up for sale?

Rob ;D

I still have it but its at the back of the container

Ian101

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 07:57:33 am »
im 6.3in tall,  tried my new FSC  12 inch  I bought for £249,    didn't seem to get block paving clean,   is this the norm with fs cleaners     or are they more usefull on    flat surfaces like paving slabs .    resorted to turbo .took me a bit longer than I thought.  bit messy ,  cleaned down afterwards

My first week doing this so prob not best to give advise however I found with block paving the fsc was useless with moss and weeds so in end just used turbo as was quicker and more effective but the fsc cleaner was great on ermmm flat surfaces.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 08:20:12 am »
My FSC cuts pretty well on block paving. usually gets all but the thickest moss out of the joints, but some of the weeds need a turbo.

Best investment i ever made was buying the whirlaway, cut my job times in half, and has helped me be competetive when pricing larger areas.

Jettaway

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 09:00:01 am »
My fsc will get most if the moss out but yes I do use turbo for weeds and heavy staining

johnny bravo

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 09:59:53 am »
I have a loncin 16 lpm ,      I know the more lpm   is more powerfull for use with whirlaway,      I may be better off with a longer lance with a bend on the end ,  for direct turbo  sprayon surface   instead of trying to angle my lance.   im 6.3 inches   and I seemed to be stooping down with lance.

johnny bravo

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 10:01:26 am »
how much would I need to pay for a good longer lance.  angled for direct spray on block paving etc