VOGUE CARPET CARE

indian restaurants
« on: April 14, 2010, 05:57:58 pm »
Has anyone out there done work in Indian restaurants??...........................too expensive my friend,make cheaper price.They will always pay you,but the problem is getting your asking price.

Buckland

Re: indian restaurants
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:48:14 pm »
I just quoted a place that has really crap access for TM and awkward water supply back or front - nice people tho and not a blacktop minger - well specced and fitted commercial tufted - needs cleaning but not too bad but with couple of prblem areas near the swing doors etc - prob 60-75 cover place - obviuoslt doing quite well - long old resraurant and a good 2+ hours work to do properly - went in cheap at 150 every 6 months and 175 for a one off clean -confident I can improve the appearance and protect his investment - initially he was very keen to get me to quote now not heard a dickie bird since the quote

thats annoying because I will do a bloody good job for a reasonable price... I imagine some clown with a rental machine will move the muck around for a pittance and the client will not be happy and so it goes on - great joe public is not prepared to pay for a decent service... stroll on
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk

scrubadub

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 10:53:47 pm »
i had an emergency flood carpet clean on easter sunday, dried it for them so they could open that night, £120 for 1 hours work, they didnt really quibble on the price ;D happy days
Scrubadub Cleaning Services

VOGUE CARPET CARE

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 05:13:55 pm »
Good for you that you got what you asked for on the job,it is possibly that it was a flood and you were able to get him trading again, that's why he didn't knock you on the price.I have been working for Indian (Bangladesh)restaurants for many many years,i would say 70% of them will want the job done for a pittance,that is why i pick an choose my clients

calmore

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 07:07:53 pm »
Be careful as Indian restaurants seem to buy carpets that have natural backings and thus prone to shrinkage.

Not sure why?!
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

VOGUE CARPET CARE

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 10:03:00 pm »
They must be cheap!

richie

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 02:29:29 am »
Past experience of cleaning carpets or upholstery for Asians.....i normally add between 10% - 20% to the original price knowing that they will say can you do a cheaper price,  let them haggle you down to what you added on.  Thy then think they are getting a good deal.  I know some people on here will say.....they wont bother getting back to if price is to high from the start, but as i said past experience tells me they like to haggle before saying NO.  The added bonus is that some will accept your quote that you have added X amount to thinking they will haggle  ;D

Richie.