vincent

HOW MUCH DO WINDOW CLEANERS EARN
« on: September 14, 2006, 09:37:40 pm »
WHAT ON AVERAGE WOULD A WINDOW CLEANER EARN IN THE  LONDON AREA ON A SELF EMPLOYED BASIS AND IS THERE STILL PLENTY OF WORK OUT THERE

TERRY AB

Re: HOW MUCH DO WINDOW CLEANERS EARN
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 06:31:25 pm »
You work for the Inland Revenue ??.
Seem to have alot of questions but no
statement as to why you wanna know!

dorfmann

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 06:34:53 pm »
You work for the Inland Revenue ??.
Seem to have alot of questions but no
statement as to why you wanna know!
why are you suspicious have you got a guilty secret

MNWC

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 07:39:43 pm »
WHAT ON AVERAGE WOULD A WINDOW CLEANER EARN IN THE  LONDON AREA ON A SELF EMPLOYED BASIS AND IS THERE STILL PLENTY OF WORK OUT THERE
Not enough  :-X

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 08:26:39 pm »
Marcus

If you are just starting out in window cleaning or looking at it as a future business I can safely say that you will not go far wrong.

Earnings are not going to be announced on here because some people make it up, some people want to have a go at the people who do post earnings and others are cautious about who is viewing the forums.

When I started cleaning windows 6 years ago I wanted to achieve double my hourly rate, of when I was employed.

That was £12.00 per hour - I was earning £6.00 per hour.

Start with what you think is a reasonable income, go out there and find out what others are paying to have their windows cleaned.

What I earn now has far exceeded any expectations I may have had 6 years ago, but I have bigger bills and I have to charge more for my time because I am saturated with work, with two vans to manage and the possibility of a third one in the very near future our commercial customers now dictate what we charge for our domestic work on an hourly basis.

If I can give you one piece of advice it is to charge high but to be able to back the price up with an impeccable service standard that sets you apart from everyone around you.

We are the very best service of its kind within our area.

We do not advertise - pick up 20 new customers per month, month in month out,

We are cleaning 3 to 5 UPVC cleans every week - at an average of £75.00.

We clean 150 domestic customers every week( 5 days) and are working seven days per week with a high street building society head office requiring an internal & external clean on its main site for the next two weekends - we have already done two weekends.

Whatever it takes to break free from the monotony of being employed go out there and get on with it

Good luck

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 08:44:40 pm »
That should have been to Vincent - sorry Marcus

Rob ;D

window pain

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 02:27:03 pm »
hi midas that was sound advice you gave vincent, in your opinion are the prices in london higher than elsewhere in the country thanks.   

Rob_Mac

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 04:28:22 pm »
I am nowwhere near London - we are based in the Midlands by Alton Towers.

I understand from customers that have moved up from London that the average semi can be charged as high as £30.00 - I have been told this.

My prices for semis are nowhere near this - but is a semi bigger in London - I don't know.

I know only for sure what my hourly rate is and as long as we are hitting this day in day out I don't care that there are those out there that are earning more than me.

It has taken me 6 years to earn a good income, have reliable staff and a solid customer base.

Unless you live in London don't worry too much about what they can earn put all your energy into what you can earn and keep it growing

Rob ;D

window pain

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 04:43:43 pm »
I am nowwhere near London - we are based in the Midlands by Alton Towers.

I understand from customers that have moved up from London that the average semi can be charged as high as £30.00 - I have been told this.

My prices for semis are nowhere near this - but is a semi bigger in London - I don't know.

I know only for sure what my hourly rate is and as long as we are hitting this day in day out I don't care that there are those out there that are earning more than me.

It has taken me 6 years to earn a good income, have reliable staff and a solid customer base.

Unless you live in London don't worry too much about what they can earn put all your energy into what you can earn and keep it growing

Rob ;D
hi midas do you think that £20 per hr is realistic for a window cleaner working on his own, thats working in west london of course?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 02:58:15 pm »
Window Pain

Been on holiday so just read your reply.

I think when you know what you are doing and you have built speed, quality of work, condensed work and know the shortest routes round your work - then there is absolutely no reason why you cannot be doing that day in day out.

If you do all things properly you may look back in time to come and wonder why your expectations were not set higher.

Good luck

Rob ;D

window pain

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 04:10:13 pm »
Window Pain

Been on holiday so just read your reply.

I think when you know what you are doing and you have built speed, quality of work, condensed work and know the shortest routes round your work - then there is absolutely no reason why you cannot be doing that day in day out.

If you do all things properly you may look back in time to come and wonder why your expectations were not set higher.

Good luck

Rob ;D
thanks midas for  the advice i will keep it in mind.

Jimmywidge

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 04:22:16 pm »
I live i the sussex area and charge around the £27.00 per hour for window cleaning.   
Been in bussiness for nearly 8 years now..

Slash

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 09:54:36 am »
I'm in Surrey and earn a good wage! drive a Merc......enough said! ;) ;D

john k

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 08:15:28 pm »
im in west yorks and dont work for less than £30.00 an hour. ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 08:58:48 pm »
im in west yorks and dont work for less than £30.00 an hour. ;D
surprised you get that much i thought Yorkshire folk were tight  ;D ;D

clinton

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 09:46:44 pm »
This is an old thread :D

elite mike

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 03:38:53 pm »
why is it in the carpet cleaner section ::)

clinton

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 05:57:12 pm »
 ::)

martinsadie

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 08:00:44 pm »
why is it in the carpet cleaner section ::)
why are we  ;D ;D

D woods

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 10:17:26 pm »
I am told that £10 per hour is possible