dd

New Vauxhall Combo v Connect v Doblo
« on: March 24, 2019, 01:19:09 pm »
Looking to change my van at some point. Likely to go for one of

Vauxhall Combo L2
Ford Connect L2
Fiat Doblo Maxi 1.6 multijet

Each have 1000kg payload and would put 500l tank in.

New Combo is the same as the new Partner and Berlingo.

Any recommendations, thoughts. Thanks.

dd

Re: New Vauxhall Combo v Connect v Doblo
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 05:05:55 pm »
Just having a look and wondering if a swb doblo would work well with a 500l tank?

Cookie

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 05:10:17 pm »
Just having a look and wondering if a swb doblo would work well with a 500l tank?

Payload on my SWB Doblo is 750kg - so insufficient for 500L tank IMO. I only carry 350L.

I reckon you're likely to get the best deal on a Doblo since the Combo is a brand new model and the Transit Connect is just more expensive (for some reason). That doesn't necessarily mean the Doblo is the best van however....

dd

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 05:21:32 pm »
According to the fiat brochure the swb is available with a 1000kg payload. Although this could be an error in their brochure.

dd

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 05:54:27 pm »
According to vauxhall website the L1 combo has a 1020 kg payload.

Annoying that you have to give them your details if you want to download a brochure. They even want you to apply for a £250 discount voucher just to access their brochure (pointless as I have no intention of paying the list price).

p1w1

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 06:26:55 pm »
Hi Dave
I have the l2 Doblo maxi cargo (1005kg payload) year old and can just about fit a 25ft pole comfortably so not sure if the l1 maybe on the small size. If your around Saffron anytime your welcome to have a look.
Paul

dd

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 07:38:01 pm »
Thanks Paul

Hoping to come across you one day. Possibly changing van either end of this year or next, just trying to take time to figure out best option so I know what I am doing when the time comes.

I thought with the L1 version going through the bulkhead would allow to fit a 25 ft pole?

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 07:39:37 pm »
Thanks Paul

Hoping to come across you one day. Possibly changing van either end of this year or next, just trying to take time to figure out best option so I know what I am doing when the time comes.

I thought with the L1 version going through the bulkhead would allow to fit a 25 ft pole?
Yeah it would do but you would have to cut a bit of the bulkhead out..

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 09:15:24 pm »
Cant comment on the doblo or combo but the connect L2 240 is great....payload isn't 1000kg...its slightly under at 936kg but still ok for 500l tank and all your other gear....

I can fit my 25 and 47ft poles in with ease without cutting into the bulkhead.....the connects have small 1.5 TDCI engines in them  for some reason but still pull well with a full tank....surprising really... .
Also the roofs lower than the old  connect T230s so easier to get the ladders off when needed

I like the look of them too...esp if u get the limited version with colour coded bumpers and alloy wheels.......and of course the extra fluff/luxury that makes for a more enjoyable/comfortable working day.....heated windscreen,air con,heated driver seat,reversing sensors  etc......
price higher/work harder!

dd

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 10:20:00 pm »
Yes, I do like the look of the connect Daz. The doblo may be the cheaper option though, and I have not heard any bad reports about them.

Will get round to test driving them over the next few months.

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 05:33:36 pm »
combo and doblo essentially same van are they not ?

connects look nice but the others will be cheaper

I drove a combo last week as a hire van, had some poke to it

dd

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2019, 05:53:30 pm »
The combo and doblo used to be the same I think, but the new combo now shares its platform with the berlingo and partner.

Something to do with opel being bought by psa (if I understand correctly).

Was it the new combo you drove Gomo?

Den68

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2019, 06:59:50 pm »
I have the combo l2 nice enough but slow it's the 1.3

dd

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 12:52:45 pm »
The new combo has a 1.6 diesel engine.

Yours must have been the previous model.

Slash

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 06:54:12 pm »
I have a Connect L2  which is the limited version and a long wheel base on a 66 plate,my other van is  Fiat Scudo  on a 15 plate which I bought for putting my mountain bikes in and for general run around.
I actually prefer using the Scudo for work as it is more practical with double sliding doors and more room in the back for poles.
I struggle to fit anything over a 25 foot gardiner pole in my Connect longways  unless I put it in at an angle,they are quite deceiving on the outside but the loading space is not as long as you think it is,the cabs is over the top,almost as long as the loading space as the parcel shelf is ridiculously long and the bulkhead that separates the cab from the loading space takes another  ten inches at the top,
The front bumper is quite low and catches on drives with an incline.
I use it more for quoting and a car rather than my work van,really nice to drive but in my opinion not the best for window cleaning, ah well you live and learn. ;D

dd

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 07:10:55 pm »
Thanks Slash. Looking at prices the connect would cost me about £3k more than a doblo or combo. Hard to justify unless I thought it a much better van.

I have 2 sliding doors on my dispatch, but the new van will probably only have 1.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 08:32:13 pm »
Thanks Slash. Looking at prices the connect would cost me about £3k more than a doblo or combo. Hard to justify unless I thought it a much better van.

I have 2 sliding doors on my dispatch, but the new van will probably only have 1.
Just to put another slant on it, a new connect would be around 16K, in 4 years it will be worth approx 7K, so 9K depreciation. A new Combo around 13K, in 4 years will probably be worth approx 5K so 8K depreciation, obviously these are rough figures but might be something to consider.

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 09:47:06 pm »
This is why I never buy new , I would rather burn the money in my fire pit and warm up a bit !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

John Mart

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 05:24:15 am »
This is why I never buy new , I would rather burn the money in my fire pit and warm up a bit !
But you get 3 years warranty, mostly problem free motoring and no MOTs.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2019, 09:04:36 am »
I have a Connect L2  which is the limited version and a long wheel base on a 66 plate,my other van is  Fiat Scudo  on a 15 plate which I bought for putting my mountain bikes in and for general run around.
I actually prefer using the Scudo for work as it is more practical with double sliding doors and more room in the back for poles.
I struggle to fit anything over a 25 foot gardiner pole in my Connect longways  unless I put it in at an angle,they are quite deceiving on the outside but the loading space is not as long as you think it is,the cabs is over the top,almost as long as the loading space as the parcel shelf is ridiculously long and the bulkhead that separates the cab from the loading space takes another  ten inches at the top,
The front bumper is quite low and catches on drives with an incline.
I use it more for quoting and a car rather than my work van,really nice to drive but in my opinion not the best for window cleaning, ah well you live and learn. ;D

both my 25 footer and 47 footer fit in my L2 fine straight(i have pole tubes fixed to inside roof).......what longer poles have you got?they must have a long closed length then.....
price higher/work harder!