Adam P

i've got a girl that comes in once a week to do my accounts and general weekly tasks. lately we've been so on top of everything she's now finishing the accounts in good time, with 1-2 hours spare each week.

she does other tasks, orders stuff, checks stock levels, basic emails etc, but we're struggling to find a "project" for her to do in that time, something that will make use of the time and give her a feeling of accomplishment now that she's all up to date.

i thought i'd come to you smart people to see if you had a girl come in once a week what would you do with her time. keep it clean. we've had moments where she's emailed agencies, but this is a boring task with what feels like little results, so doesn't really create much excitement and feels more like something to do because she's there, rather than because it produces results. i want her to have something she can really get into and allow her to be creative and see the final good results from it.

we're not looking to reduce her hours before anyone posts that. anything less is pointless for her and wont make any real difference to end of month costs for us. in fact i'd happily give her more hours if we had something that required it.

any suggestions?

CleanerCarpets

Re: Making Use Of A Few Hours Spare Each Week Of Employees Time - Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 10:53:47 pm »
What about your social media? Could she manage that or set it up if you aren't on it? What about websites? Blogs? Easily fill time with that and done well will create more work for you and hours for her.

Adam P

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 11:11:59 pm »
thanks for the reply.

we do already have some social media presence as well have previously done blog stuff. To be honest, social media has always felt like spamming more than anything. what's really that interesting that an oven cleaner does? before and after pictures can be posted, but i do this myself direct from the phone and is shared on twitter/fb etc.

we've previously shared cleaning tips etc, but it is dull and like i say, will not show results in any sort of direct way, so hard for anyone to stay interested in it for long.

i might re add this on the lists of tasks, one article shared a week etc, but that solves 5 minutes only.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 11:35:49 pm »
get her to clean some ovens?

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 04:50:51 pm »
What about delivering leaflets.....mailshoting or calling previous customers?

Andrew Briscoe

Get her on the phone to pubs, hotels and commercials etc, perhaps seeing if they would like a free demo clean, do they use a carpet cleaner etc, are they happy with the service they are receiving etc

Steve Chapman

I would think contacting previous or prosepective customers ( ones quoted but didn't book ) would be the best use of time...........