sanjuro

A new way of attracting customers ?
« on: March 29, 2009, 02:14:17 pm »
I saw one of the AA advertising booth/stands today and thought it might be a good idea to have a go at something similar with a couple of apex boards and maybe a small display of before and after pics of carpet cleans.
If it was eyecatching enough im sure i could get people to take my flyers or maybe take some bookings! please feel free to shoot this idea down or add to it.

Joe H

Re: A new way of attracting customers ?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 03:50:17 pm »
Do you mean take a spot in a shopping mall?

Keep you out of trouble on a Saturday  :)

Dont know if anyone tried this but I would think you would distribute a fair number of leaflets.
To be effective you would need to be back in the same place regularly. Thye might not take much interest first time but as they keep seeing you I think they may catch on to you.

By the way, whats the machine - dont answer that.  ;)

sanjuro

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 05:13:47 pm »
Well i was thinking of my local town center or maybe the bus station the AA and RAC do it regularly i was thinking maybe every 2 weeks or so for 4 hrs on market days, ill just have to check with the local council to see what i need to do this.

ryan mca

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 08:05:07 pm »

if your looking for a pitch supermarkets charge a 100 quid a day

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 11:17:06 pm »
£100??? bargain, at least they get to speak to you face to face..... I would put money on you getting work from it!!!!

martinsadie

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 01:54:51 pm »
 :o       

if your looking for a pitch supermarkets charge a 100 quid a day
:o

clinton

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 04:39:25 pm »
Try a few web sites mate and a good leaflet drop ???

I had the y pages when they were good up to about 6 years ago till it dropped off.

Used to get at least 5 or 6 good jobs a week from it then and thats how i built up a good client base from then.

Think its much harder nowadays as the net is full of price shoppers ::)