Oaklands

Customers
« on: September 18, 2008, 11:52:58 pm »
We need more customers for carpet cleaning (we are getting only for oven and spring cleaning)!
What is the best method for advertising? We are doing some newspapers, local shops & post offices. We are thinking to start leaflets (with Royal mail). Any suggestion?

sherco

Re: Customers
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 06:06:05 pm »
If i knew the answer to that i would be a rich man.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 07:29:09 am »
The royal mail charge about 34 pound per thousand so you will have to target your areas.

It just takes time to build your buisness up.

Good luck :)

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 05:14:24 pm »
Start off by targetting wh at you already have - oven clients and "spring clean" clients.

Offer them an incentive to refer you to their friends, family work colleagues etc ie £10 off theit next clean for every "friend" introduced who has a carpet clean.

Then offer these referals the same incentive, and so on. Takes time.

If you not busy doing ovens and spring cleans, why not deliver leaflets yourself. Perhaps knmocking and introducing yourself. Failing that just deliver. Then repeat same addresses a few weeks later.

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 05:50:46 pm »
Do not do leaflets myself but have had great success putting business cards through doors surrounding any quote i do ............. amazing the response when you return to carry out work. All the neighbours have already seen your card, some may have peeked on website, so you get people coming out to you and they phone rings whilst you are working  ;)

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 11:19:30 pm »
I agree with Joe, you already have a customer base so it should be a lot easier and cheaper to target them. The only downside I can think is if people pigeon hole you and don't see you as a pro CC, but finding out won't cost you much if anything.

darrenbale

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 03:54:32 pm »
I'd definitely start by letting your current customers know other services you offer, and giving them a discount for using you. then once you've done theirs ask them if they have any friends who could benefit from your services. if they have used you and are happy then they shouldn't mind recommending you.
"for all your cleaning needs"
Fresh Cleaning Solutions Ltd