Jenny Slater

CRB Checks
« on: January 28, 2008, 06:30:59 pm »
i'm just employing some new staff and want to get some CRB checks organised.  Can anyone point me in the right direction of who to approach.  I am based in NW Kent/SE London area.  Thank you.

sherco

Re: CRB Checks
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 07:05:15 pm »
Is this to see if they have a criminal record, if it is i got mine done through,  Disclosure Scotland,
PO Box No:250, Glasgow, G51 1YU. I had to give them Ni number, passport no, birth certificate. So i think you would need to get theses details of your new members of staff. Im based in south east of england, and it was the only one trading standards approved at the time. Hope this helps
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Jenny Slater

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 07:13:12 pm »
Thats a great help - thank you!!!

carpet guy

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 08:38:28 pm »
For CRB checks in England type in CRB and follow instructions.......................Disclosure Scotland is for Scotland, we  use it every week.

You need to request the application form nd will be asked for £20, at least that's the current rate in Scotland.

The employee has to apply in person and they will get the disclosure sent to their home address, a copy will come to the employer.

Some are through in as little as 3 days, but occasionally they can take weeks

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 09:34:02 am »
I found this thread helpful thanks, when I googled CRB for England, it looks like that we need to use what is called an umbrella organisation that can charge any where between .01p and 50 GBP plus the cost of the CRB.  The reason is that the Records place does not want to deal with anyone that does less than 100 checks a year so they allow these umbrella orgainsation to make money off us.  I can not see the difference in the umbrella organisations they all charge a fee plus the cost of the CRB (as I can see it that is around 31 GBP for standard and 36 for enhanced, we should not need more than standard).  Since there is no difference might as well go for the cheaper fees because the crb is a set price.  Has any one had experience with the Umbrella Organisations and is there a difference in service that I am not aware of?

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 09:47:14 am »
Surrey Trading Standards recommended Disclosure Scotland ...........£20 per search  8)

carpet guy

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 09:00:08 pm »
That's really weird Chris, as our laws are often different, but obviously it worked or you.

Gil..........you don't need to be part of an umbrella organisation. We have at least one applicant going through the process every week.