tomcio00

Best Machine?
« on: December 03, 2005, 08:50:24 pm »
Hi all,
I'm thinking of getting a carpet cleaner as I have many rooms to clean and it will prove cheaper to buy a cleaner than to get someone to do it.

I was wondering which Machine you'd recommend, I have about £500 to spend but could stretch to £700. I would use it for domestic sized areas but would like the power and cleaning quality of a professional machine.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

therapist

Re: Best Machine?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 08:33:54 pm »
There is no BEST MACHINE but the best offer on here at the moment is Len Gribbles

rob

darrenlee

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 08:42:45 pm »
ebay as a few but you will be travelling and bit pot luck what you get, new prochem galaxy nice machine for a starter, bit exspensive though, sabrina maxi bit better price wise, but both single vac and in time you wiil have wished you had something better, but then i now have a powermax and want something better, probably change it, and in six months  want something better.

not always the machine that does the clean, its a mix, you, solutions you use, knowledge of methods, and products your cleaning all come into the end result.

all i would say if you get a single vac unit or any machine really just take your time.
like many on here will tell you training, training, training, but you will always be learning like in any profesion.

darren

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 05:03:47 pm »
Having looked at various postings on this forum, I have come to the conclusion that the best machine is

1) A massive truckmount that needs an HGV to carry it, the owner can be so proud that it can run 800 metres of hose (but when you can only park 900 metres from the job it's a problem

or

2) The latest, shinyest, most psi-ful machine at Carpex

or

3) Whatever machine you already have, when arguing with a fellow carpet cleaner who has different kit

On the same theory, by boat miraculously changes length almost immediately......

When I am booking a marina berth, it shrinks by 3 feet

When talking to non boating friends, it grows in direct proportion to the amount of beer drunk...... rather like Pinocchio's nose!

Really, it's horses for courses: a bigger machine suits bigger areas, and a small lightweight machine suits small jobs up flights of stairs.

If it's a 3rd floor flat and there's no lift, it's a lot easier to take a VAX than a STEEMPRO !!!!

therapist

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 10:49:44 am »
I think he actually wants to CLEAN carpets, so that rules out one of these !

rob