Smiths Cleaning

buying on line
« on: October 14, 2005, 12:04:17 pm »
Hi does anyone have any experience buying from the states i came across a site that had a large variety ,things you don't seem to get on the market over here and their prices even with shipping still come out better!

gclempson

Re: buying on line
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 07:30:15 pm »
Hi

Do you have the address of the site so I can go and look.

Kind Regards

Gary

Smiths Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 04:42:05 pm »
sorry gary
been a bit busy and totally forgot, kleenpro1.com i think thats right, he also sells on ebay. let me know whay you think
andy.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 04:53:02 pm »
Hi does anyone have any experience buying from the states i came across a site that had a large variety ,things you don't seem to get on the market over here and their prices even with shipping still come out better!

Hi,

I have purchased from the US on many occasions and generally the outcome has been good when purchasing one or two items as they pass through customs quite quickly.

The seller has an obligation to tell customs what is inside the parcel via a label on the outside filled in when posting.

This means that sometimes you can be made to pay taxes on multiple items they think are not for your own use or of a high value.

I once bought several hundres pounds worth of Jewellery and was charged the tax (£80) by a customs officer who knocked on my door !!!!!

It might be worth your while emailing Andrew at 24-7 services (the w/c section) who co-ordinated a group buy of sureflow backpacks from the states.  he will be able to tell you if he had to pay the tax on his bulk purchase.

Regards,

Sarah
Sarah

gclempson

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 04:53:32 pm »
Cheers mate I will have a look.

Kind Regards
Gary