Blue City Cleaning

Adding services
« on: October 27, 2010, 11:26:51 pm »
Hi evryone

I've heard some bad opinions about this forum but as far as I've read it seems to be ok so decided to post.

Anyway. I'm new to carpet cleaning. I have a small domestic cleaning business where we do weekly house cleans. More often my customers are asking me about cleaning their carpets and windows so I've decided to give it a try. I've read all info I could find about widnow cleaning and now bought a second hand wfp system for window cleaning. I will be looking to get a van financed cos my 4x4 wont fit all the gear (especially the 400 ltr water tank).
Now its time for a carpet cleaner. I know there have been topics before about that and I've read most of them but having a personal opinion is best. I have a budget of around £1500  and am expecting to do 1-2 cc jobs a week. I found 3 machines that would probably fit the bill but am looking for your advice and want to see if I was right. There was a recent topic about all the tools and chemicals you would need so I've copied the list so now it's just the machine.

Thank you
Chris
www.bluecitycleaning.co.uk
Non omnis moriar

Joe H

Re: Adding services
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:34:15 am »
I would recommend for domestic work a machine with min of 2   3-stage vac motors and a 135psi pump.
These are the min if you doing it regular.

I would also recommend you re-post this is the carpet cleaning general section - not many really read this section.

garyfindlay

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 08:46:21 pm »
I may have the machine your looking for, at about 1/3 of your budget.
you don`t need a water tank if your only doing 2 jobs a week.

Blue City Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 08:57:57 pm »
You got me interested - what kind of machine is it?

Why do you say that I wouldnt need a water tank? So where would I keep the solution for carpet cleaning?
Chris
Non omnis moriar

garyfindlay

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 06:58:48 pm »
Its a 135 psi rhino, comes with v2 inline heater, with hoses wand and upholstery tool. It would fit in your 4x4. you only need a 400l tank if you have a truckmount, and you will struggle to get one for your budget. I think the supply tank holds around 45 litres.

Blue City Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 09:08:07 pm »
OK, I think you've mixed up 2 things - the water tank that I've got is for the wfp system, not for the carpet cleaning  ;)
Chris
Non omnis moriar