tatman

protectakote over plylined floor or not?
« on: November 20, 2007, 07:52:49 pm »
would you guys protectakote straight over the ply lined van floor or rip out the wood and go straight onto the bear van floor itself?

NWH

Re: protectakote over plylined floor or not?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 07:55:35 pm »
Bare floor,your wasting your time going over ply.If you do you will need to seal all round the sides of the wood area so that no water or damp gets in before you coat it,if there is water under the ply now all your doing is sealing it in therefore it has nowhere to go and will rott the floor.

tatman

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 09:18:13 pm »
 ???

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 09:55:56 pm »
would you guys protectakote straight over the ply lined van floor or rip out the wood and go straight onto the bear van floor itself?
I ripped up the ply, and sanded down floor to give a key, then re plyed the sides and insulated it boxed in arches and protectakoteed 2 inch above floor and the arches aswell (as I put wet things on them, have pics if you want to have a look.

Spursboy1972

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 11:36:54 pm »
Why not do both. I am going to do mine over xmas. Completley strip out the van coat the floor and above the arches and then put ply back down and do that too.

Providing I have enough that is.

Luckily I am being lent a warehouse to put van in so it can dry out easier.
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 09:15:03 am »
Why not do both. I am going to do mine over xmas. Completley strip out the van coat the floor and above the arches and then put ply back down and do that too.

Providing I have enough that is.

Luckily I am being lent a warehouse to put van in so it can dry out easier.
The reason I did not ply the floor and paint over it as you say, was not because of cost that does not bother me, it is for this reason: painted ply will get scratched, when scratched water will get into it once in will start to rot. painted floor you see a scratch you paint it no wood to rot. So IMO I would not use ply on the floor. of course this is only IMO, some may disagree.

By the way this stuff gets you as high as a kite lol, and if you do not wear gloves, you will look like a smurf as it is a right pig to get off your hands.

tatman

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 07:24:39 pm »
hey window washers can you post those pics? I think im getting the same system you have from pure freedom you got any pics of that as well mate?

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 07:30:54 pm »
here goes will added a few ok

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 07:32:23 pm »
more

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 07:34:29 pm »
more

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 07:36:16 pm »
last one  ;D,

and when you want a website address and a site designed you now know where to come to  ;)

tatman

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 07:38:04 pm »
 ;D cheers window washers van looks the business m8 and the system is the one im getting also looks the business did you get your poles from freedom as well?

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 07:40:29 pm »
;D cheers window washers van looks the business m8 and the system is the one im getting also looks the business did you get your poles from freedom as well?
I got the pole you see in pic from freedom, the sign for trailing hoses I took back and had it changed as I didnt like it, fussy sod me. I designed the van  thanks for the complement  ;D

tatman

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 07:53:19 pm »
ive ordered my system so better get my arse in gear and do the floor will be sorted within a couple of weeks these 40 inch ro set ups are meant to be S@@t hot they certainly look it. Was gonna go for a static but wanna move after xmas so didnt wanna set it all up when and if i go set up comes with me in van ;D

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 09:16:07 pm »
ive ordered my system so better get my arse in gear and do the floor will be sorted within a couple of weeks these 40 inch ro set ups are meant to be S@@t hot they certainly look it. Was gonna go for a static but wanna move after xmas so didnt wanna set it all up when and if i go set up comes with me in van ;D
same here, little tip on the protectakote,
sand up floor to take away shine, wear gloves or you will look like a smurf, go for light blue not black, tape up where you want to paint to, brush the edges first then dip roller straight in the paint pot and just roll, covers it alot quicker, save 1/4 tin for final coat. you get 2 rollers  ;)

Ian
p.s this stuff really does smell for ages if you smoke I would not reccomend you smoke when doing it or after, you will know what I mean when you smell it  ::)

Good luck, and have fun I did  ;D

tatman

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 09:59:39 pm »
cheers for the advice ian yea got the blue protectakote ill let you know how i get on ;D