Sean Dyer

Re: Tennis elbow again
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 09:30:38 am »
Ie had tennis elbow, was out of work for two weeks doctor said i had to rest it or it would stay , not had problem since,, funnily enough though i traced it back not to window cleaning but when i bought a nintendo wii haha, the lack of resistance when i was swinging my arm around playing tennis etc realy damaged my elbow coupled with cleaning ...
At the minute though im getting sciatica, it seems to come for a week then gor for 2 then back worse than ever etc... Its doing my head in only thing i can do is hammer painkillers / anti imflammatories
Anyoine found good relief from it?

s.hughes

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 01:35:20 pm »
It got to the point when i couldnt lift me flask from van floor, so went to docs and he gave me a cortizone injection but said i needed to rest, so already had booked the lakes for a week, what a perfect opportunity to rest i thought. Had injection in left arm the day i went on holiday.

The next day i spent 3 hours in keswick cottage hospital due to intense pain, then sent to Penrith for 1 and half hours of gas and air and an inflammatory injection in backside. Turns out the Dr injected straight in to the nerve.

After all that me left arm if champion now,but not sure if i will bother with the right one. Have since bought a Gardiner sLx and the pressures off. ;D
so the slx is the cure

weetot

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 01:48:28 pm »
Yep...... the SLX is the cure, an expensive one mind you, but no regrets purchasing it! ;D ;)
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

ftp

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 03:54:13 pm »
Wish it was, I have the S2 also.  ;D

Problem comes from twisting the joint, so trad cleaning, scrubbing the sills and conservatory roof cleaning is what buggers mine up. Normal wfp work seems fine.

macmac

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 08:44:20 pm »
Wish it was, I have the S2 also.  ;D

Problem comes from twisting the joint, so trad cleaning, scrubbing the sills and conservatory roof cleaning is what buggers mine up. Normal wfp work seems fine.

;D ;D ;D

Opposite for me, it's wfp that does mine, trad no probs!!

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 08:52:08 pm »
I find trad caused my knees problems, but the pole gives me tennis elbow.  However taking cod liver oil and glucosamine sulphate seems to keep the tennis elbow at bay, if i miss taking them for a few days I get the pains back.  A good pole like the slx is also important.

Simon.

wizard

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 08:56:09 pm »
tennis elbow is caused thought excessive use of incompleat moviements ( the arm does no move a full circle .The doctors will give a quortzone jad but he only trys to  fix the only cure is is a opp and mine both down.Common to many industries my daughter has it from cheffing ,will have opperation in October.Tell the docter you have ben battling for year or he will make you wait and let you suffer.It will not get better on its own unless you dont work.

ftp

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2009, 08:58:45 pm »
cheffing? What's that  ???

geefree

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 09:05:02 pm »
ftp, are you going to take any advice and try one or two of the above  "cures".

let us know how you go on.

macmac

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 09:08:09 pm »
cheffing? What's that  ???

It'a what you get from wearing tight pants!!! ;D

ftp

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2009, 09:16:58 pm »
ftp, are you going to take any advice and try one or two of the above  "cures".

let us know how you go on.

:) Well, I had acupuncture on my back years ago and it did absolutely nothing for me apart from making my feet twitch where the needles hit a nerve. After the session I stood back up and pulled my jeans back on only to find a needle sticking out of the back of my kneecap!
So, no I have no faith in it.
Wife keeps telling me to see the doctor - i've got too much work on to sit in the surgery for two hours. I take glucosamine every day so obviously that's a waste of money too.
Right arm has been bad for years and it's just rearing it's head in the left now too.
Strange really because i shouldn't be like this a only nineteen.  ;D

wizard

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2009, 09:28:29 pm »
cheffing is working as cheff in a retuarant

mark dew

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 12:58:27 am »
At the minute though im getting sciatica, it seems to come for a week then gor for 2 then back worse than ever etc... Its doing my head in only thing i can do is hammer painkillers / anti imflammatories
Anyoine found good relief from it?

Yes, stretching your lower back muscles and hamstring. Seemples.

mark dew

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 01:08:27 am »
I had it really bad, sometimes i could not hold a cup!!

i tried lots of things...

finally i paid for acupuncture privately....

£25.00

half hour of tiny painless needles all over...

I thought hmmm dont think so...

she recommended i had 2 treatments...

so i went back the following week , did it again.

And its vanished completely.

I cannot say emphasise enough that you must try this NOW!

It works 100%

Things like acupuncture or yoga are too hookey for the majority on here to try. If it ain't out a bottle and on prescription, it won't work.  ???

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 03:02:37 pm »
I have no problems with my elbows but my fingers ache like a buggar a lot of the time. It must be work related as I've just had a couple of weeks of and they're fine at the moment. I just put it down to holding a pole all day.

Wierd isn't it :-\
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

PCNW

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 04:02:19 pm »
i get aching fingers but i put that down to spending 12-18hrs a day on the playstation when i was younger

PCNW

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 04:03:47 pm »
Upto last year i used to train alot at the gym which stressed my joints alot so maybe you guys just need some light resistance training a few hrs a week

weetot

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 08:26:38 pm »
Remind me to buy everyone on here a chemist for xmas.........................bloody hell wer'e falling to pieces ;D :P
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Paul_Rolfe

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 09:37:31 pm »
This could hurt:

NWH

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2009, 11:27:53 pm »
To think that a couple of trips to the osteo or acup will cure it over night is ridiculous,any good doctor will tell you that unless you give it complete rest it has to run it`s course ie 9-12 months if your still working with it daily.