Milltown Cleaning

Re: government corruption
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 12:03:17 am »
nothing personal matt....

but prople really need to get over this expenses thing!! there are much more pressing issues at hand, why tie up so much time, resources and MONEY in this. we all knew what politicians where like, so why are we all so shocked. trust me i live in a country where many of the politicians where either previous paramilitaries or did time in prison lol!!

ok end of rant...back to window cleaning! or bed right now might be better.

dai

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 09:28:06 am »
Your right, and we all know that the only guy that ever entered the houses of parliament with truly honorable intentions was Guy Fawks

drwindows

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 09:53:27 am »
sick of hearing about this now tbh.

Does it affect my daily life if MPs claim more than they should-NO.  I dont give a fried egg if someone had his moat cleaned out.

The way the media's going on, you'd think all other world events had ceased completely.

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 10:05:58 am »
It bothers me!

MPs should want to be MPs because they're honorable and want to serve their country!

Not because they want power, prestige, and to line their pockets with our hard-earned taxes.

£2000 on a TV for a second home?  Moat cleaning?  Horse manure?  Gardeners?

Buggers the lot of 'em.

simon knight

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 10:22:17 am »
sick of hearing about this now tbh.

Does it affect my daily life if MPs claim more than they should-NO.  I dont give a fried egg if someone had his moat cleaned out.

The way the media's going on, you'd think all other world events had ceased completely.

I'm with you. All these self-righteous people baying for blood. I wonder how many of them in the same position would have done exactly the same...I know I would!

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."  John 8:7

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 10:27:59 am »
[

"Let he who is collared suffer the consequences."  Tosh 16:05:09

simon knight

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 10:37:34 am »
[

"Let he who is collared suffer the consequences."  Tosh 16:05:09

;D I'm not saying that they are not a load of greedy b'strds and should be allowed to get away with it, in fact the ones who claimed money for non-existent mortgages should be prosecuted in much the same way as you or I would be. But where I'm getting a bit fed up with the whole thing is, like the man said, there are other things going on in the world. The shock-horror attitude is as though the entire government had been exposed as child rapists.

What's been going on in Westminster is bad but it isn't going to impact our daily lives. I mean I'll still be out cleaning windows on Monday morning.

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 10:56:21 am »
Meant to rain monday  ;)

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 11:14:25 am »
lol

JSMC

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 11:15:52 am »
nothing will be done. only reason they ar esorry is because they have been caught FACT. all we will ge tis an inquiry which will cos tmore f***in money.

if you or i worked for someone and done this it's fraud and along with losing ye rjob you wid be getting a summons to the courts.

chrismroberts

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 11:37:24 am »
I'm sorry, how can anyone NOT be angered by this? This is OUR money, that whopping great big cheque you have to cough up every January and send off the the 'Revenue is simply paying for someones swimming pool to be cleaned, front garden to be covered in manure... or is simply disappearing into someones personal bank account....

We all know the government wastes money like its going out of fashion - by the billions - but I've never known such blatant buck passing and greed by public servants. Its disgusting.

You can't really compare it to expense claims in private companies, because this is public money, our money, not a company's profits.

cozy

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 12:13:18 pm »
All this has done is give people a reason not to vote. Can't blame them for thinking that. However, that's the same situation that got uncle Adolf to be number 1 shyte in the 30's, fancy some of that?

No thanks. :(

Hilton

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 01:00:01 pm »
It beggars belief the attitude of some who are 'sick of hearing about it'

It affects your every waking (and sleeping ) hour that some of our politicians are corrupt.

Apart from the fact that if they are on take for such small incidental items think of what they are up to while they are supposed to be representing you.

Our troops fight in afghanistan with second rate equipment driving around in tin cans that get blown to pieces by road side bombs. What are are politicians doing? getting there moats cleaned.

While the Tarquins and Ruperts at the MOD arrange the next back hander of lucrative arms deals that run 14 years behind schedule and cost billions more than projected , our troops die for the want of some decent body armour.

Thats why you should care  >:( These so called politicians like the hideous Margaret Beckett who has two or three oher jobs apart from being an MP (how does she get the time  ::)) show absolute arrogance and total disdain for us poor schmucks who voted them in and have to pay our taxes on the very air we breath.

Midget Blears can scam off thousands in capital gains tax, you do it ,you go to prison. the ONLY reason she and the other crooks are writing cheques out is because they got caught.

But hey so what doesn't affect you does it  ::)

simon knight

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 01:07:58 pm »
It beggars belief the attitude of some who are 'sick of hearing about it'

It affects your every waking (and sleeping ) hour that some of our politicians are corrupt.

Apart from the fact that if they are on take for such small incidental items think of what they are up to while they are supposed to be representing you.

Our troops fight in afghanistan with second rate equipment driving around in tin cans that get blown to pieces by road side bombs. What are are politicians doing? getting there moats cleaned.

While the Tarquins and Ruperts at the MOD arrange the next back hander of lucrative arms deals that run 14 years behind schedule and cost billions more than projected , our troops die for the want of some decent body armour.

Thats why you should care  >:( These so called politicians like the hideous Margaret Beckett who has two or three oher jobs apart from being an MP (how does she get the time  ::)) show absolute arrogance and total disdain for us poor schmucks who voted them in and have to pay our taxes on the very air we breath.

Midget Blears can scam off thousands in capital gains tax, you do it ,you go to prison. the ONLY reason she and the other crooks are writing cheques out is because they got caught.

But hey so what doesn't affect you does it  ::)

Wake me up when it's a perfect world please.

johns window kleen

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 01:10:57 pm »
Face it, it's not just the politicians alone.

Their just flavour of the minute, but there are, or have been over the years, serious question marks, over the conduct & integrity of the clergy, monarchy, Police force, judiciary,etc,etc.

And we generally and blissfully think that only Third World Countries are corruptly run.

kevin James

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 01:16:03 pm »
Just seen sign in shop: "Only 2 MP's allowed in at a time"

LOL kevin.

tompoole

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 03:52:49 pm »
what did you expect them to do, when you do your tax return i bet you all claim as much as you can. The good thing that will happen now is that the rules will be more transparent and hopefully not as many grey areas.
Tom

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 04:32:31 pm »
what did you expect them to do, when you do your tax return i bet you all claim as much as you can. The good thing that will happen now is that the rules will be more transparent and hopefully not as many grey areas.
Tom

Yes I do claim as much as I can, within the law. Im not sure how the tax office would view me trying to pass off £600 on hanging baskets though.

A good number of the claims being brought to light recently fail in more than one way the rules and guidelines set out in the parliamentary publication 'The Green Book'.

* Claims should be above reproach and must reflect actual usage of the resources being claimed.
    * Claims must only be made for expenditure that it was necessary for a Member to incur to ensure that he or she could properly perform his or her parliamentary duties.
    * Allowances are reimbursed only for the purpose of a Member carrying out his or her parliamentary duties. Claims cannot relate to party political activity of any sort, nor must any claim provide a benefit to a party political organisation.
    * It is not permissible for a Member to claim under any parliamentary allowance for anything that the Member is claiming from any other source.
    * Members must ensure that claims do not give rise to, or give the appearance of giving rise to, an improper personal financial benefit to themselves or anyone else.
    * Members are committed to openness about what expenditure has been incurred and for what purposes.
    * Individual Members take personal responsibility for all expenses incurred, for making claims and for keeping records, even if the administration of claims is delegated by them to others.
    * The requirement of ensuring value for money is central in claiming for accommodation, goods or services—Members should avoid purchases which could be seen as extravagant or luxurious.
    * Claims must be supported by documentary evidence, except where the House has agreed that such evidence is not necessary.

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 05:04:59 pm »
Just seen sign in shop: "Only 2 MP's allowed in at a time"

LOL kevin.

;D
That's a classic.