mufcglen

anyone using the phantom hi mod?
« on: November 15, 2018, 02:13:04 pm »
coming upto 12 months old my xtreme 22,been absolutely spot on and the wear is minimal but i like to buy a new pole every year to keep things fresh, just wondered if anyones been using the phantom and what your thoughts are and hows the wear going now its been out a few months?

AuRavelling79

Re: anyone using the phantom hi mod?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 02:17:15 pm »
Or do what I have just done with my "extreme 20" after 18 months - buy a clamp kit and tape, spend a couple of hours cleaning and refurbing it and it feels like new.
It's a game of three halves!

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 04:13:50 pm »
Cheers mate there’s nothing wrong with my xtreme, 11 months old and its only just starting to show the tinniest bit of wear on the red marker at the base on 1-2 sections.
I just like to get a new pole every 12 months to keep things fresh, they earn me enough money so worth it keeping equipment new and better for the tax bill!
I’m genuinely interested in these phantoms after a few lads on the Facebook pages are raving about them after using gardiner before!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 07:51:33 pm »
Why not ask them how long they've had them; how well they wear and how much they use them?

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 08:44:09 pm »
coming upto 12 months old my xtreme 22,been absolutely spot on and the wear is minimal but i like to buy a new pole every year to keep things fresh, just wondered if anyones been using the phantom and what your thoughts are and hows the wear going now its been out a few months?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 10:09:43 pm »
I meant on the faceache group you referred to. Then you could let us know their impressions?

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 10:17:10 pm »
There isn’t no wear at all after last few months of heavy use not by be but in van with one of the guys he is using the carbon version of the phantom not the hi mod version and I’m farly impressed so far and his a thug with the poles

Normally the SLX is starting to wear by now

I’m using 25 hi mod not any issues but to be fair it used about 1 or twice a week then away

So the only time will tell, I would love these clamps on an extreme as I love the balance of the extremes but they don’t fit I’ve tried

mufcglen

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 10:33:34 pm »
Cheers pal I’ve asked on the Facebook pages too, seems they seem to be wearing very well and your comment about the clamps has been mentioned too!
I do like the idea of clamps being bolted on too rather than glued as I suppose you could remove them to strip and clean if you wanted to as well as the inserts.
Definitely got me thinking about one as my next pole😁

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 10:45:12 pm »
Do they publish the pole weights for the Phantom?

Personally I'd wait at least a year to find out about any wear issues and see how much they are used by anyone commenting.

mufcglen

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 07:11:37 am »
Yeah they’re slightly less weight than gardiner pal and closed length is shorter too!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 07:25:09 am »
There isn’t no wear at all after last few months of heavy use not by be but in van with one of the guys he is using the carbon version of the phantom not the hi mod version and I’m farly impressed so far and his a thug with the poles

Normally the SLX is starting to wear by now

I’m using 25 hi mod not any issues but to be fair it used about 1 or twice a week then away

So the only time will tell, I would love these clamps on an extreme as I love the balance of the extremes but they don’t fit I’ve tried

SLX wearing after a few months? my current one is over 5 years old and gets abused all day every day!! The Phantom has only been out a matter of weeks has it not?
Comfortably Numb!

JackieW

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 07:31:54 am »
Do they publish the pole weights for the Phantom?

Yes.

Product Code   Description                                        Weight Approx (G)                                   Collapsed Length Approx - ft/mm
PH-HY-18   PHANTOM Hybrid 18ft                                     1000                                                                  4'10"/1470mm
PH-HY-22   PHANTOM Hybrid 22ft                                      1350                                                                  4'10"/1470mm
PH-HY-25   PHANTOM Hybrid 25ft                                     1500                                                                  5'8"/1740mm
PH-HY-30   PHANTOM Hybrid 30ft                                     1900                                                                  5'8"/1740mm
PH-HY-35   PHANTOM Hybrid 35ft                                     2900                                                                  5'8"/1740mm
PH-CF-18   PHANTOM Carbon 18ft                                        970                                                                  4'10"/1470mm
PH-CF-22   PHANTOM Carbon 22ft                                     1275                                                                  4'10"/1470mm
PH-CF-25   PHANTOM Carbon 25ft                                     1500                                                                   5'8"/1740mm
PH-CF-30   PHANTOM Carbon 30ft                                      1800                                                                   5'8"/1740mm
PH-CF-35   PHANTOM Carbon 35ft                                      2300                                                                   5'8"/1740mm
PH-CF-40   PHANTOM Carbon 40ft                                      2650                                                                   5'8"/1740mm
PH-HM-22   PHANTOM HiMod 22ft                                 960                                                                4'10"/1470mm
PH-HM-25   PHANTOM HiMod 25ft                              1075                                                                   5'8"/1740mm
PH-HM-30   PHANTOM HiMod 30ft                             1365                                                                   5'8"/1740mm
PH-HM-35   PHANTOM HiMod 35ft                             1850                                                                   5'8"/1740mm
PH-HM-40   PHANTOM HiMod 40ft                             2240                                                                   5'8"/1740mm

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 08:48:59 am »

SLX wearing after a few months? my current one is over 5 years old and gets abused all day every day!! The Phantom has only been out a matter of weeks has it not?
[/quote]

As I said his a thug with a pole, very heavy handed,  but he works hard and long days I would prefer if the SLX would last longer but they don’t its just factored in one pole one year if possible then new pole,

To date there’s no wear on the carbon ( it’s just over two months old now I think )on the pole where  the poles normally end up spinning through work. When the pole owner pays for a pole he takes more care generally

When you work for someone and they provide piles I guess it’s not as important,

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 09:09:57 am »

As I said his a thug with a pole, very heavy handed,  but he works hard and long days I would prefer if the SLX would last longer but they don’t its just factored in one pole one year if possible then new pole,

To date there’s no wear on the carbon ( it’s just over two months old now I think )on the pole where  the poles normally end up spinning through work. When the pole owner pays for a pole he takes more care generally

[/quote]

The SLX doesn't spin with wear as they have smart clamps. My oldest SLX is now wafer thin in parts, you can physically deform part of the tube with your finger and it still clamps without spinning! This pole is over 5 years old. It's used alk day every day, never gets cleaned and is abused constantly! Your comments don't add up in my experience!
Comfortably Numb!

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 05:08:47 pm »

[/quote].                                                                                       If you need any cream - I’ve got piles.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2018, 06:02:59 pm »
My SLX  spins when collapsed it has worn  near clamps it s less than a year old
Spit and polish

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2018, 08:06:45 pm »
Yeah they’re slightly less weight than gardiner pal and closed length is shorter too!

If the closed length is shorter then how can they be as long when extended?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 09:26:24 pm »
My SLX  spins when collapsed it has worn  near clamps it s less than a year old

New clamp shims and springs would sort that I'm pretty sure.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Status Check

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2018, 09:34:49 pm »
It's the first inch of the pole section that wears so new shims and springs wouldn't make any difference. Our SLX's start spinning on the first and second sections after about 5 months of heavy  use. They then go on Ebay and new ones are purchased. Looking forward to trying a Phantom.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2018, 10:55:55 pm »
It's the first inch of the pole section that wears so new shims and springs wouldn't make any difference. Our SLX's start spinning on the first and second sections after about 5 months of heavy  use. They then go on Ebay and new ones are purchased. Looking forward to trying a Phantom.

This is exactly why new springs and shims would work- do you not understand the function of smart clamps?
Comfortably Numb!