Smurf

Re: why?
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 06:47:36 pm »
Well they answered my question and also allowed my review but it's on the last page

Take a look and tell me what you think

CleanClear

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 06:57:28 pm »
Well they answered my question and also allowed my review but it's on the last page

You're still missing the point. They are sold and advertised as stopping leaves accumulating in your gutter, which they do. They cannot and do not stop other smaller debris accumulating in your gutter. I live in a terraced street, i only ever get moss roll down into mine. I wouldn't fit a gutter guard it would be no use to me. I clean other properties where they are underneath trees and i would fit a gutter guard.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Smurf

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2015, 07:06:39 pm »

You're still missing the point. They are sold and advertised as stopping leaves accumulating in your gutter, which they do. They cannot and do not stop other smaller debris accumulating in your gutter. I live in a terraced street, i only ever get moss roll down into mine. I wouldn't fit a gutter guard it would be no use to me. I clean other properties where they are underneath trees and i would fit a gutter guard.

No they are being miss sold as a mantenace free product which they are clearly not.
Even the reply I got back confirms this if you care to read it.

All the other reviews apart from one are on about fitting etc after purchase which don't mean jack really if the gutter guard actually works or not so I thought I would like to mention they are not mantenace free far from it ;D

CleanClear

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2015, 07:14:38 pm »

No they are being miss sold as a mantenace free product which they are clearly not.

All the other reviews apart from one are on about fitting etc after purchase which don't mean jack really if the gutter guard actually works or not ;D

Ok, you're right. I'm wrong. A device designed to keep leaves out lets moss in. Who'd a thought!!!

CleanClear

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2015, 07:16:51 pm »
Give a review on this too whilst you're registered on there.................
http://www.screwfix.com/p/gulley-grid-black-150-x-150mm/16499

Tell them i said its crap. Its lets sand and soil in, my waste pipe got blocked up.

Smurf

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2015, 07:37:31 pm »

All the other reviews apart from one are on about fitting etc after purchase which don't mean jack really if the gutter guard actually works or not ;D

Ok, you're right. I'm wrong. A device designed to keep leaves out lets moss in. Who'd a thought!!!

Well you can clearly see from the pics I've posted they eventually gets clogged not just on top but crap  mulches down and blocks the guttering & downspouts too.

It's just a pity consumers are mislead in thinking gutter guards don't cause problems when at some point they will either have to get up a ladder to sort it out themselves or pay someone extra to take it out to clear the guttering properly. Either way it's not a matenance free product is it now don't you think?

Smurf

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2015, 07:55:05 pm »
Give a review on this too whilst you're registered on there.................
http://www.screwfix.com/p/gulley-grid-black-150-x-150mm/16499

Tell them i said its crap. Its lets sand and soil in, my waste pipe got blocked up.

I know your taking the p now but if you have done alot of gutter clearing & downpipe unblocking funny enough yes those can cause  issues too. ;D

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2015, 09:06:24 pm »

Well you can clearly see from the pics I've posted they eventually gets clogged not just on top but crap  mulches down and blocks the guttering & downspouts too.

It's just a pity consumers are mislead in thinking gutter guards don't cause problems when at some point they will either have to get up a ladder to sort it out themselves or pay someone extra to take it out to clear the guttering properly. Either way it's not a matenance free product is it now don't you think?
  That's the power of marketing.

Smurf

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2015, 10:12:36 pm »
Yep it seems that way tadgh

Smurf

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2015, 10:29:15 am »
It seems my review is starting to get noticed as two already have found it helpful which is nice. 
Just a pity the manufactures just don't admit that it's not a maintenance free product as long term this will do them more harm than good not being honest with consumers. Mind you the product is cheap to purchase anyway so they are probably not bothered what ppl think of it if the truth be known.