SeanK

Re: My WFP technique. Video.
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2015, 08:44:05 am »
Chris your post would be more relevant if Jonny was busting his back, I would say you put more effort into each
of your properties just by over cleaning.
Your right it is about how much you want to achieve per day but that doesn't mean you cant or shouldn't do it in the most effective way possible.

gary999

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2015, 08:54:49 am »
I would say that was an average speed for monthly...noticed bottom right window you cleaned
sill then rinsed glass afterwards..i personally think sills should always be cleaned last.
I think cleaning the sill then rinsing brings a risk of dirt off the brush being carried onto the glass. I rinse then clean sill last.

Yep

robbo333

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2015, 09:01:07 am »
Great video thanks for posting it.
It would definitely be good to see some others.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

gary999

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2015, 09:03:30 am »
There's so many factors that determine speed of cleaning but I think the most important one is the area worked in.

If you live in an area where you can only charge £8-£10 for a 4 bed with conservatory then you need to be speedy gonzalaz to earn good money.

If your in an area, which luckily I am, where the minimum price for a 4 bed with con is £15 then you can do alot less in a day for a good wage.

Il be honest, I'm not rich, I don't have a huge business with loads of employees, I'm a sole trader with target earnings of around £180 a day.
To achieve that I only need to do around 10-12 houses a day.
Am I guilty of over cleaning, probably yes but because I can.
I'm happy with what I earn and know what I earn is easily achievable whilst doing a deep clean at every visit.

Of course my entire round isn't built like this, or my life would be easy.
I have days made up of smaller houses where I need to do more to make my buck or other days that involve travelling further so less time per house.
I adjust my speed accordingly for these days.
I can go quick if I want to, like anyone can, but I much prefer those days where I have less to do but still earn the same, and can relax and get on with my job.

Today I have 9 houses to do, all on the same estate, should hit my target earnings by about 2pm. Then to finish off have a con roof as a nice little extra on top.
Happy days!

Another part timer like myself :) I average 10-12 houses and I start late rarely before 10am
I always work at max speed...if had 9 houses on a run I would be finished before 2pm..quicker
my work is done more time I have to myself.

Its not always about the money :)

chris turner

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2015, 09:03:42 am »
Chris your post would be more relevant if Jonny was busting his back, I would say you put more effort into each
Your right it is about how much you want to achieve per day but that doesn't mean you cant do it in the most effective way
possible.

I often get told by my customers "your very thorough", or "very particular".  It's for that very reason there happy to pay that bit extra.
If I flew through there windows in 10 mins, knock on there door and say "that's £18 please", can you imagine the resentment they would soon start feeling towards me lol.
Almost all work iv picked up recently, including a large commercial, were for the same reason. "The previous guys were only here for a couple of minutes and charged a fortune".

chris turner

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2015, 09:06:14 am »
Anyway enough chit chat, better get to work, got a tough day lined up ;D
Don't work yourself to hard seank  :P

SeanK

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2015, 09:07:04 am »
I would say that was an average speed for monthly...noticed bottom right window you cleaned
sill then rinsed glass afterwards..i personally think sills should always be cleaned last.
I think cleaning the sill then rinsing brings a risk of dirt off the brush being carried onto the glass. I rinse then clean sill last.

Yep
Yes but that also risks splashing the dirt back onto the glass you have just cleaned unless you rinse the sills with the brush on
which isn't always great for sills.
Personally if the sills where that bad I would give them a quick rub with a microfiber and then it doesn't matter which way you clean them.

SeanK

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2015, 09:08:20 am »
Anyway enough chit chat, better get to work, got a tough day lined up ;D
Don't work yourself to hard seank  :P
Work :o don't you ever mention that horrible word to me again. ;D

gary999

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2015, 09:08:32 am »
Your right it is about how much you want to achieve per day but that doesn't mean you cant do it in the most effective way
possible.

I often get told by my customers "your very thorough", or "very particular".  It's for that very reason there happy to pay that bit extra.
If I flew through there windows in 10 mins, knock on there door and say "that's £18 please", can you imagine the resentment they would soon start feeling towards me lol.
Almost all work iv picked up recently, including a large commercial, were for the same reason. "The previous guys were only here for a couple of minutes and charged a fortune".

I have never lost job because of speed....then again I don't lose work apart from the usual wastage.

gary999

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2015, 09:20:22 am »

Yep
Yes but that also risks splashing the dirt back onto the glass you have just cleaned unless you rinse the sills with the brush on
which isn't always great for sills.
Personally if the sills where that bad I would give them a quick rub with a microfiber and then it doesn't matter which way you clean them.

wiping sills has been mentioned already ,my problem with rinsing glass after cleaning sills..is the potential
dirt between frame and sill which can leech out meaning you have to wipe sill again.Obviously this depends on how much dirt was sitting  in first place,not always a  factor on monthlys  but  I llike
to  keep  my cleaning time as efficient as I  can within the system I use.

Gerald Ash

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2015, 12:46:26 pm »
My solution for cills is a product from Gardiners called a reach around, no laughing at the back.
  Saw it on youtube but found it difficult to find on Goggle search for obvious reasons.
Fixes on angle adapter, has universal thread which I fit a good quality microfibre mop head to.
 Clean frames then glass then give the cills a sweep with brush. Lastly after all windows are done go round with mop and wipe cills.
Result is perfectly clean cills plus it`s good for the odd bit of stubborn marks on glass.
Down side is if you don`t wring it out regularly it gets really heavy infact usually leave it off until end.
http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/brush-head-attachments/the-reach-around-dual-tool-gooseneck-adaptor.html

Rich Wilts

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2015, 02:13:30 pm »
55 minute job

40 minute job.

Didnt take any pics of these below, there are 5 on this little cul-de-sac. So its a Google street-map view.

ChumBucket

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2015, 04:02:07 pm »
Good vid & I would say your speed should be viewed as "normal" in respect of any experienced wfp operator. One thing that would improve your effort levels though would be a swivel. My arms & body don't move half as much as yours using a swivel neck- so maybe some time to gain but certainly easier IMO. :) Good vid though, it's nice to see a normal, honest level of working & not someone trying to prove how fast they are etc etc.

kempy

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2015, 04:28:16 pm »
The speed in the video is quicker than me ,
But today ive speeded up so it's been a good video for me to view .

Gary999 , you've got a good work to life balance . Awesome ..
Me like others do too much .
 It my kids are expensive lol

TomSE

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2015, 04:53:31 pm »
As in the video, do most of you guys rinse after cleaning all the panes of each window? As I tend to rinse each pane as I clean them, rather than going back.

Perhaps your technique means less chance of dirt from the next pane being pushed over and left behind?

Just curious.

Dave Willis

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2015, 05:48:50 pm »
I wouldn't want to live where Jonny does - too cold for snails, no birds, no insect life and no need for suncream.
Can't see any point in wiping sills with a cloth when you've just wiped the upstairs ones with the brush anyway - makes no sense to me. Same as guys who keep their brush in a bucket of water - what for?

Jonny 87

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2015, 06:09:56 pm »
Loanfoot garden's Johnny?

Get orf my patch!

;D ;D ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2015, 06:51:44 pm »
i sometimes leave the top frames on monthlies(and do them every other time)depending on dirt/cobwebs/type of frames etc.

i rinse each pane after the scrubbing action

i clean sills last after scrub and rinse(water off on top sills)

other than that good video! ;D
price higher/work harder!

8weekly

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2015, 07:30:46 pm »
I wouldn't want to live where Jonny does - too cold for snails, no birds, no insect life and no need for suncream.
Can't see any point in wiping sills with a cloth when you've just wiped the upstairs ones with the brush anyway - makes no sense to me. Same as guys who keep their brush in a bucket of water - what for?
That's what I thought. It's very rare that I have a house that doesn't require extra work on a couple of panes. Spiders nests, bird poo, snail trails, insect marks. As an illustration though, it looked good to me.

Darren H

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2015, 08:59:57 pm »
After watching that im definitely ott and taking to much time using to much water time to speed up me thinks