giftedk

can it be done ?
« on: January 12, 2006, 11:17:42 pm »
Ive seen the residential cleaning kits that you plug in to a tap, apparently there just for the individual to clean their own conservatory roofs or windowws. What im wondering is can they be adapted so that  you can just take them round and clean all the backs of houses by plugging them in the taps.?
I know the use of resin will be high but it will be worth it if youve got two men working on one house.

craig jwc

Re: can it be done ?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 11:28:37 pm »
What if they haven't got an outside tap or don't want you to use it if they have ???

Why not look at getting a backpack

brett walker

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 11:50:55 pm »
The resin cartridges would work out too expensive in my view, your best bet would be to get a back pack and a ro unit. 

You can get anywhere with the back pack , its a great piece of kit

regards

Brett

ian m

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 09:33:11 am »
I use this method.
see this post.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=12654.0#msg87484

I also use a 125 litre tank for other jobs.

As for the price of resin, its a business expense, the tds readings here a quite low, 60ppm, so a bag of resin lasts me around 2 months.

A friend uses a backpack, which he transports on a little trolley, they are a good idea, although 17 / 18 litres of water doesn't seem to last too long.

Cheers

Ian
I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

mark dew

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 01:21:47 am »
i bought the ionics residential kit a couple of months ago for conservatory roof i had to do. Took me 1/2 hour compared to 1 1/2 hours doing it traditionally a few months before. Brilliant kit!
I have also started using it to do the tops of a few accounts where (since i've read about wfp i've lost my bottle a bit being at the top of a triple ladder) the windows are high up.
Trialling a new system i tell them, feedback appreciated.
I have saved so much time (50%) using this but factoring the resin costs makes the job uneconomnical using di only. I always explain this so the customer doesn't think i'm taking it lightly.
Apart from the 1st time when i did a poor job due to not enough rinsing, i have had good feedback from all. I've always told them i'd be back the next day for money as i want to check results are as good as i'm hoping.
Everyone has been supportive of me using this so far.
But i'm near beccles suffolk and i have gone through 2 little £30 di canisters on about £180 worth of work. I have saved about 4 hours on this amount of work though the 1st time i did a bad job i took an hour the next day finishing off with a scrim.
Am not upto £20/hr traditionally on most of my work so it has cost me a little more financially. But i have trialled wfp this way now and will get a RO + backpack shortly.
Overall i think the residential kit is a good starting point and with the knowledge gained from it, the (expensive) cost of using resin around here it has been a price i would happily pay in the short term.
Have got to admit though, it was disheartening to see the speed of the resin changing colour so quickly.

mark

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 10:22:39 pm »
Mark

I'm not to far from you ,I've just gone the WFP route if you wanna swap ideas give me a call

Chris

mark dew

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 01:15:07 am »
hiya chris, where are you? Do you know mikey warner who used to frequent these boards?

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 09:36:38 am »
hiya chris, where are you? Do you know mikey warner who used to frequent these boards?

No dont think I do know him