Franky2020

Clients changing timescale
« on: January 06, 2006, 05:33:21 pm »
Hello to all, im new to this forum and started w/cleaning in Sept this year and have canvassed and built my round up to about 200 customers so far,but have one question for you and thats I have had a few customers wishing to change from the agreed 4 weekly call to 8 weekly thus me losing money. Do you just accept it ,or do some of you  have a come back which works ,as I dont wish to risk losing the business until building up further.
Ive worked in a few other jobs and can honestly say ive really enjoyed doing this even in this colder weather.
Cheers 

H h20

Re: Clients changing timescale
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 05:39:19 pm »
Hi Kevin welcome to the forum and good luck,what i would suggest you do is tell them that there is an extra charge,i charge different prices for jobs that are done weekly fortnightly,monthly because they will get dirtyer,don`t be afraid stand your ground you are in charge when you give customers the price,all the best,Gaz  ;)

matt

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 05:55:29 pm »
thats what i do

if people want to change from my 6 weeks cycle to a 12 week, then the price goes up, many think on it and will try it a time or 2, then come back to 6 weeks

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 06:06:48 pm »
All my work was bought 7 years ago and it is all on a 4 weekly cycle the ones who wanted 8 weekly or moaned or whatever i gave them the sack and that is probably the types of customer you have picked up.

Normally a good customer is already taken, out of all my new jobs there is only a 1 in 2 retention rate ,usually because they were someone elses problem who have been dropped and want to call the shots and are swiftly given the boot.

Dave

Franky2020

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 06:25:44 pm »
Thanks for the info, as I say it is only a few but its better to be prepared.
Thanks

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 07:10:33 pm »
It does depend on the price you are charging too, if it's nice and high then don't worry too much about it, if the price is on the low side anyway then you can use it as an excuse to put the price, using the argument that after 8 weeks the work is harder, and therefore you have to charge more.

I have plenty who are 8 weekly, I no longer do repeat cleans above that (not domestic anyway), it's 4 weekly or 8 weekly, end of story.

8 weekly or 4 weekly, not often there is the remotest difference in the work involved, I have never found it makes a lick of difference to be honest, but you can make out it is a reason to slap in a price rise.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 07:35:36 pm »
On my 'Your Windows Have Been Cleaned' chit, I have the following wording (amongst others - it's A5 sized);

We also offer an 'every other month' window cleaning service.  This will cost you approximatley 50% more than your current monthly price but since [blah blah blah]

And also

We have recently 'let go' a number of customers who have said to us (after we had carted our equipment to their house), 'Not this month, Mate'.

We find this frustrating and the customer permanently loses their regular window cleaner.  This may appear a little harsh, but we clean in excess of 350 properties each month and turn away many potentially new customers; we are almost at full capacity.

Unless you have arranged other terms and conditions with us; we clean once per calander month; as we originally agreed.

I haven't had any problems in a long time with people asking me to give them a miss or asking for every other month without expecting an increase to their bill.

It has really worked for us.

gaza

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 08:52:18 pm »
TOSH MATE :THE BEST BIT OF IMFORMATION YOUVE PUT ON HERE ;D NORMALLY I THANK THEM FOR BEING AN EX CUSTOMER 8) THATS WHEN SOMEONE YOU DO JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT CANCEL  8) LOST TWO F/O CLEANS TONIGHT,GAINED 1 FULL CLEAN TO THE SAME TOTAL +1 COLLECTION INSTEAD OF TWO ;D.

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

dai

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 09:41:50 pm »
Welcome to the forum Kev, I do monthly cleans. If they want to go bi-monthly I charge 50% extra. As Ian say's it depends on the price you are getting at present. My prices were on the low side anyway.
I know it's a bit of a struggle when your starting out, but start as you mean to go on. look them streight in the eye and tell them the price you want, not what you think they will accept. Never under price to get work. Been there done that.
You will only make a rod for your own back. underpricing now can make the difference between a comfortable living in the future, or becoming a wage slave.
It has taken me years to put right the mistakes I made through under pricing when I started. Good luck mate, stick with it. Dai

gaza

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 11:06:50 pm »
DAI:IVE GOT YOUR TEA SHIRT ON,WAITING TO RECIEVE YOUR POSTCARD ;D

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO