herbiefatboy

membrane in WFP
« on: January 05, 2006, 09:05:15 pm »
THIS MIGHT BE A SILLY  QUESTION BUT HERE GOES  I HAVE A 200GPD AND A  300GPD HOW OFTEN ROUGHLY DO YOU NEED TO CHANGE  THE  MEMBRANE AND HOW  DO YOU KNOW WHEN THEY NEED CHANGEING ANY   HELP WOULD  BE GREAT THANKS

Alex Gardiner

Re: membrane in WFP
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 09:51:04 pm »
lifespan depends on your regularity in changing pre-filters and flushing membrane.

Average use should see at least 3 years from a membrane properly treated if not up to 4 or 5 years.

You will soon tell when it needs changing as production will dramatically reduce and TDS will rise

Alex

JM123

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 12:32:46 pm »
Change the sediment filter once it turns brown (say every 3 months) and change the carbon block when you do this - it doesn't cost much, keeps production up and protects the membrane from chlorine which will kill a TFC membrane in no time.  Try using the EP10 carbon blocks, I've found them to be the best. 
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

matt

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 04:10:22 pm »
i only use a 50 Gall per day RO, and ive not changed anything for 18 months, still works fine, infact it my TDS is lower now from the RO then it was when it first began (even after the settleing period)

from my point of view, its a disposable item, when its dead its dead, dont know how much the pre-filters are to change though (i guess i should look into it)

herbiefatboy

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 07:04:50 pm »
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP SO FAR

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 07:16:43 pm »
I spoilt my membranes by not flushing them, didn't learn until too late that it is good maintenance to do so :-\
The amount of water they produced didn't change though, but the TDS was going up and up, until it was 0.027 ppm prior to going through the DI resin.

It is now 0.000-0.001 ppm prior to going through the resin, and I flush the membranes every week now!!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

gaza

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 08:58:31 pm »
2 MIN BACKFLUSH EVERYDAY NEARLY WILL BE ENOUGH,

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO