thewindowcleaner1

Re: How Can I Get Commercial Companys
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2006, 10:32:38 pm »
What I meant was, that telling a company that their current w/c isn't as good(safe), so you should kick him out and use us instead is underhand

So working on that concept, if someone or some company advertise that thier product/service is better/safer then they are in the wrong for pointing out to the prospective customer. Also working on the above statement the customer belongs to the contractor serviceing them and can not/should not be approached by another contracter...??
WAKE UP...
I,ve lost several domestic and comecial contracts over the last few months in the main to new WFP user undercutting me (not nice) but that's life what it has done is encouraged me to up my game to keep this new raskal at bay..

As for the letter highlighted, part of the content came from one that I have used on several occassions, in fact my current one is designed to scare the prospective customer to REVIEW THIER SITUATION.

i'M SORRY IF THIS OFFENDS but at the end of the day other windowcleaners don't pay my bills, and if thier present window cleaner swings from a rope then I feel justified in pointing out the possible problems that they may have employing a contracter that has no respect for thier future finacial position...
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2006, 10:46:53 pm »
Well like I said, their w/c can do it his way as long as he's making his money.

You're not in the wrong for having a safer way of doing it if approached.

But setting out to take someone elses work is low. End of.

I thought more people around here had morals to be honest. ::)

It seems since wfp has appeared attitudes have changed.
Greed has taken over, and they feel (wrongly) superior.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2006, 10:54:42 pm »
Prospecting for new bussines is not low,I bet your local pub is always trying to get more customers in by promoting (they come from another pub)Bank try to get you change to them (they comefrom another bank), Its a sad fact that when you are prospecting you will be approaching other window cleaners customers I agree with Tosh though if I know the other window cleaner I will back away or tell the other guy in person, as do not see anything wrong in try to increase my bussines, The alternatives to a free trading society are scary...
The letter That i used at the start of last year..I start prospecting again towards the end of Jan..
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

D woods

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 03:31:12 pm »
Hi Sarah
The response you have had from your letter is very impressive has anyone
else tried it yet ?

I cant understand the fuss some people are making about poaching work
I have never worried about this (we only do commercial in london) and I
dont Know of any other window cleaning companies that would worry
about this