tanman

window cleaning round wanted bolton machester
« on: January 03, 2006, 04:26:56 pm »
hi to everyone just been made redundant from factory job worked there for 13 years all shifts same people day in night out i helped my mate out a few years ago doing his round and found it rewarding now i never want to work in a factory again im very keen to go into this as i feel i need to be my own boss and have a bit of freedom any advice would be welcome as well as rounds which are for sale in the areas no negitive advice as i have set my mind on this only other option is to go to collage and retrain but i got two hungray kids to feed thank you any thing will be off interest

steve k

Re: window cleaning round wanted bolton machester
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 05:48:00 pm »

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 07:23:51 pm »
He was in farnsworth last time i was there i bought my first squeegie there 7 years ago.

Also try the manchester evening news and the loot ,and phone the Fed as they usually know of a few

Dave

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 09:06:09 pm »
Also do a search for 'canvassing' and 'leaflets' and read every post till around page 12.  There'll be a lot of stuff not applicable to you; but read it anyway.

Another option maybe to buy a small round, work part time and canvass.

Unless the window cleaning is retiring or leaving window cleaning, he'll just be selling off his rubbish; generally.

Remember, lots of lads start window cleaning after reading some of the high-earning posts here; then find out that after X amount of months they can't make anything close to that amount, or just can't hack the regime.

A few years back I sold a little bit of work onto a lad with two kids and a steady job as the Celtic Manor Head Gardener.

He then bought a large round some distance from where he lived.  He aimed to be earning 100,000 within two years.  That's what he told me.  He even had an 'employee' (of dubious status).

I met up with him one afternoon, about a month after he started.  His eyes were glazed; he looked knackered; and remember this was a bloke used to physical out-door work.

He confided in me that he was struggling to make £50 per day.

I didn't ask, but guessed his family had been through a bit of turmoil; a loan maybe; and then he just packed it all in.

He managed to get his old job back at the Celtic Manor and somebody must've done well picking up his round. 

Sorry to be negative; just realistic.  During my first year I must've wanted to jack-it-all-in on a weekly basis.

It takes time to build up your speed, customer skills and gain a good and steady cash-flow.

My advice; boring and safe as it is; is to get a job to cover the bills and start window cleaning on a part time basis.

tanman

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 10:56:37 pm »
thanks for the advice but this is something i want to do full time as i racked my brains over the last few weeks and apart from being a profeession footballer or crickiter theres not much out there that i fancy doing i think job satisfaction is the most important thing in life u have to like what your doing like i mentioned i worked in a factory for 13 years fork lift truck driving never again licence in the river i thought back through my life and came to this when i helped my mate out i did enjoy it i have helped run my misses buisnesses for the past eight years as well so i got a good idea what it entails bad times with good times just a bit about myself as in furture i will be posting quite a bit i will read as much as i can any more advice is welcome and before i part with cash i will run it past you guys or women on here thanks again