andrews

water tank
« on: January 02, 2006, 06:53:27 pm »
can anyone help i need to get a water tank and the type im looking for is the blue round 55 gallon drum like the ones they put fruit juice in as these can be real cheap to buy and have two holes in them this would be the cheapest way for me to get going like the one below thanks people   ???

paul west

Re: water tank
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 07:26:55 pm »
I used two off these straped in the back off my van i picked them up from the local industrial estate for free

andrews

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 07:30:19 pm »
cheers mate what are they normally used for and what type of places use them

DP

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 08:48:37 pm »
We scrap loads of these on weekends at a site that we sweep and litter pick (Paint Factory) No idea what was in them but judging by the amount of powder we have to clear up im guessing some sort of pigment. Not every weekend though, they tend to get rid of the in batches. Im there during the week so I will ask.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

andrews

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 09:20:45 pm »
ok then mate thanks alot i live in essex do you live near and if so would you be able to get me a couple

DP

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 10:31:49 pm »
I am in West london (Harrow ish), so not a million miles away, I am happy to rescue these as they come about  for anyone who can make use of them absolutly free as long as it doesnt end up costing me  :) and they are not sold on (which i am sure you would understand).

It seems to be the general opinion that these dont cost very much anyway, so it might be a matter of logistics (ie distance wise), Essex is a big place it just depends where you are.

If it doesnt prove practicle then I am sure I can find out a bit more perhaps even who supplies them, I will go in tommorow and see whats about and what I can find out.

If anyone else is interested then let me know here (keeping in mind my location and the fact that I dont actually have any right at this point) I will add an email address to my profile to make it easier.

Best regards
DP

andrews

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 12:25:57 am »
cheers mate i have sent you an email if you could get back to me please

gaza

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 12:34:07 am »
a fiver here in nottm
 gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

DP

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 10:51:39 pm »
2 awaiting collection.
My email server has been down all day (flipping yanks  >:( ;) ) appolgies if anyone else has tried.