KJG

Stinking van
« on: January 02, 2006, 05:37:43 pm »
Picked up four jobs just before Christmas, all due tomorrow - 3rd. They gave their last WC the push for being unreliable. Tried the van this morning and the starter motors packed up and 2 of the 4 glow plugs have gone, which I tested just a fortnight ago. Now I've got to ring these punters, who I swore an on the dot service to, and tell them I can't come :-[  Bollo*ks >:(

busydaffodil

Re: Stinking van
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 05:43:41 pm »
Can't you strip those parts off at 6am, rush to buy new at 8.30am, have them fitted my midday and still do those jobs?   

Come on now.....you know you have those tights with the matching top with the big S on it!

Ps  glow plugs??   =   heater plugs?

KJG

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 06:29:48 pm »
Can't you strip those parts off at 6am, rush to buy new at 8.30am, have them fitted my midday and still do those jobs?   

You're not related to my missus are you?

busydaffodil

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 06:35:38 pm »
Nope, unless she too is amazing, has imaginative ideas & is good with a whip! ;)

Liz

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 08:54:54 pm »
How did you get on?

Also, phoning someone and saying you can't make it usually does the trick and is not being 'unreliable' because being unreliable is simply not turning up and no explanation.

By phoning you are saying that you havn't forgotten and if the reason is the truth, most people pick up on that.

Cheers

KJG

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 10:02:06 pm »
How did you get on?

Also, phoning someone and saying you can't make it usually does the trick and is not being 'unreliable' because being unreliable is simply not turning up and no explanation.

By phoning you are saying that you havn't forgotten and if the reason is the truth, most people pick up on that.

Cheers

Phoned round most of Birmingham through Yellow Pages. Every one went straight to answer phone except one - http://www.citroenparts.co.uk. A little Asian fella came to the house, whacked on a recon starter motor and sodded off for just £80! I'll do the plugs myself in the morning.

I know what you mean by phoning and explaining and I always do this anyway but like I said, these are new jobs - first impressions and all that. The first of these new jobs isn't due till 11:00 so I might be OK. Touch wood looking plastic.