colinyates

Starting in South African
« on: December 19, 2005, 08:42:02 pm »
Hello everybody

although ive been reading your forums for a nunber of weeks, this is my first plead for advice. I am about to introduce WFP to the South African   market, I lived there for 21 years and will be returning in the new year.

I have done countless hours research regarding equipment etc but my question today is regarding frames. On the domestic front a lot of the new houses in SA have hardwood frames that are varnished or treated with a special sealer.
Im just a bit worried that this may lead to streaking.

I will also be trying to do a lot of commercial work where the frames are mainly aluminium, any advice on these 2 materials.

Many Thanks

Colin

DASERVICES

Re: Starting in South African
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 09:11:21 pm »

Colin,

How do you propose to clean the windows when nearly everone has burglar
  bars. Bit tricky to use WFP.

colinyates

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 09:18:24 pm »
nice question

all the burgler bars are on the inside, its the dogs that mite be a problem.

I will try and do the golf estates that are spinging up all over the place, they have big properties and do not allow bars.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 04:14:53 pm »
Wooden frames, as long as the paint/varnish is in fairly decent order will not pose a problem.

Neither will aluminium frames; as long as they're not really old and have oxidised.  Wet a finger and wipe the frame.  If it comes off white on your finger, you may experience some spotting and runs, but generally aluminium frames aren't a problem at all.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 06:23:17 pm »
and if you need any help with any sub-contract work i will be happy to help!!!!about a fortnights worth would be lovely!
i wish you all the best.

colinyates

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 05:55:44 pm »
Wooden frames, as long as the paint/varnish is in fairly decent order will not pose a problem.

Neither will aluminium frames; as long as they're not really old and have oxidised.  Wet a finger and wipe the frame.  If it comes off white on your finger, you may experience some spotting and runs, but generally aluminium frames aren't a problem at all.

nice one tosh,many thanks

colinyates

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 05:59:40 pm »
Will certainly cosider your offer, cant see you coming back after 2 weeks especially if I asign you to Cape Town

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 06:47:42 pm »
hello colin,

how are you progressing then,

stuart
skypole systems

matt

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 07:10:52 pm »
colin

can you either give me your E.mail address or pop over to the forums at

http://www.d.co.uk/

and drop me a Private message, i might have a little earner for us both

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 09:26:09 pm »
hi mate

i am from sa , i was thinking the same about taking wfp to sa but the wife wont leave england, so you go for i reckon you will make good money , especially cape town , camps bay , hout bay constantia etc,

shaw ;D
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

colinyates

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 11:23:06 am »
How's it Shaw

I lived in Joeys for 21 years but would certainly favour CT, do you think the wind mite be a problem?

Saying that I do think the costal areas can be a real earner, windows are constantly dirty due to the atmosphere.

Colin

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 06:41:19 pm »
hi bro

yeah the south easter will def pose a problem 60-70 kph winds on a good dAY .... BUT THEN AGAIN MOST HOUSES ARE NOT THAT HIGH 2 STOREYS MAX ! 

TRY ESTATES NORMALLY THEY HAVE LOADS OF TREES AS THEY WILL ALSO BE SHIELDED FROM THE WIND!

SHAWN
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.