Re: What d'ya think
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 08:52:58 am »
Hoses go up steps too! ;D ;D ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2005, 08:59:56 am »
Well done chris,

Looks good.

I notice that you bought your pole assembly form us, we are offering a free upgrade to the nylon jets that your pole came with, we have upgraded them to machined brass jets, they are still recessed so that they will not scratch, but offer better durability and a better quality jet. They come with full instructions on how to fit them.

Give Kirsty a ring on 01726 61143 and ask her for your free upgrade to be posted to you.

Alex

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 06:15:10 pm »
Alex

Free upgade yes yes yes

I like the sound of that will give her a ring tomorrow

I did tell kirsty that mine broke within 30 mins of use purely for her benefit though I wasn't looking for her to replace with more nylon jets which she did offer to do   so brass jets sound fab

thanks again

Chris

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 06:20:45 pm »
<<<<<<<< oh yes there is one!!    ;D

Andrew
Of course there is Andrew
but then as I posted Xmas is coming

HO HO HO ;D

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005, 06:27:02 pm »
BAHHH  HUMBUG!!!  ;D

matt

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2005, 06:41:51 pm »
i hate to say it though

the best thing to go up steps etc

is a sack truck, isnt that what they are designed for ?? ?? ?

i get my sack truck up loads of steps, from old uneven 1's to the new concreate

dai

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2005, 07:24:13 pm »
Excellent Chris. My setup is very much like yours. I got the bigger sack truck though with blow up tyres. I also fitted pole holders on both sides of the truck and that makes life easier. They are made from plastic drain pipe that just takes my Unger pole. The reason for having one on each side is to prevent pole collisions with overhangs. Good on you mate. Dai

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 07:58:02 pm »
............. of my attempt at DIY then ……
     will it last long?

This has cost me about £580.00 all told

Ian_Giles always gives me a wry look when I tell him I think my Shurflo back-pack is the bees-knees; better for my round than a van-mounted system.

It can go practically anywhere; lifted over walls and fences (I did this three times today); carried by hand, or transported on a shopping trolley or sack truck.  No moving vehicles.

It weighs very little 'dry' and no more than 23 kg full; with 18 litres of water.

Apparantly it can pump out 420 litres of water on one battery charge, although I've never used more than 200 litres.  Probably more like 150 - 175.  I use it for tops only; mostly.

If you're cack-handed at DIY, get a Shurflo back-pack.  Even if you have a 1000 litre van-mounted system, I'm sure it'll not go to waste.

And I think it's far superior than some of the trolley systems I've seen.

But my round is still fairly undeveloped.  I have very few 'large jobs'.  I'll have been a window cleaner for three years next March.  So I'm inexperienced.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 08:59:53 pm »
Can I just say , before I get too many pats on the back, credit where credits due. Allthough I agree with Tosh I think my trolley is the bees knees , its another variation of a theme.

My insiration for this project came from Matt , If he had not posted pics of his trolley on here then i would have probably have gone down one of the other routes Brodex,Ionics etc , It was only after seeing his trolley that I thought I can do that , Thats not to say I would never have done this , but I would Probably have spent thousands on something I may not have ever used to it's full extent  before I had realised I could DIY. so Thank you Matt You and your'e diy site is very informative , you have sown the WFP seed for me , Now it's onward and upward

Regards to Matt and everyone on this Forum I have learn't a vast amount from you guys & girls.

Chris  :)

simbo

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005, 09:20:35 pm »
i take it you could also run this as a van mount if needed like the freedom, i must admit that my heart is set on the freedom but when i think of what i could come up with i am very very tempted, but also want a tank in the van for larger work
cheers excellent effort chris, cheers paul

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2005, 09:35:17 pm »
Chris, your's looks much better and is half the price of this set up with is naff.

It costs £1000 or £1250 with delivery:

It probably would work, but it looks extremely dodgy and a complete rip-off to me.

matt

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2005, 09:52:52 pm »
Can I just say , before I get too many pats on the back, credit where credits due. Allthough I agree with Tosh I think my trolley is the bees knees , its another variation of a theme.

My insiration for this project came from Matt , If he had not posted pics of his trolley on here then i would have probably have gone down one of the other routes Brodex,Ionics etc , It was only after seeing his trolley that I thought I can do that , Thats not to say I would never have done this , but I would Probably have spent thousands on something I may not have ever used to it's full extent  before I had realised I could DIY. so Thank you Matt You and your'e diy site is very informative , you have sown the WFP seed for me , Now it's onward and upward

Regards to Matt and everyone on this Forum I have learn't a vast amount from you guys & girls.

cheers chris

its posts like this that make me think "Aye, i do help a few out, despite what some think of the DIY site"

many thanks, you have made me smile tonight :)

matt

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2005, 09:53:29 pm »
i take it you could also run this as a van mount if needed like the freedom, i must admit that my heart is set on the freedom but when i think of what i could come up with i am very very tempted, but also want a tank in the van for larger work
cheers excellent effort chris, cheers paul

yes, just run the FEED bit of pipe into a tank in your van

job done ;)

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2005, 09:55:01 pm »
Yeah Tosh... and he is from Grimsby where we make the Freedom system.

No idea who he is  HONESTLY

We are the grimsby good guys :)

Andrew

brett walker

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2005, 11:14:27 pm »
but then there aren't many trolleys that are good for going up steps

<<<<<<<< oh yes there is one!!    ;D

Andrew

That'll be the Freedom Trolley  ;) ;) 8)

matt

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2005, 06:51:44 pm »

Ive been thinking on this post all day, its been freezing all day and ive been itching to get home and warm

Isnt it funny, when a "good post" like this is posted by some1 about me or the DIY site, NONE of the backstabbers and 2 faced idiots who grace the net seem to comment

YET

they are still sat on the PC waiting to "stick another knife in" or "slag of the DIY route" at the earliest chance

Morph

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2005, 07:20:01 pm »
Easy boy, easy now!

Enjoy the deserved praise.

There's a time to keep quiet!

Just my opinion.

Pj (a diy supporter)

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2005, 07:50:46 pm »
Good advice Morph.

I really dont know what more you can expect than praise and thanks like that Matt. What other comments do you expect?  I think that Chris said it all really.

Your site is very informative and helpull for those who CHOOSE to go down the DIY route. Look at what Chris achieved using it and he thanked you for it.

Making inflamatory posts like you have done here will only invite attacks.

Calm down and chill.

Andrew

dai

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2005, 08:54:58 pm »
Chris, where do you get those connectors that fit onto your box?
I've been looking for some like that for mine. Dai

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2005, 09:25:41 pm »
Dai

If you mean the hozeloc connecters they came with the surflow pump but you can get those from most garden centres

I think this is what you mean

http://www.garden4less.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=2175

Or this one

http://www.garden4less.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=94752