neil100

Should I fix mount my hose reels in the van?oohhhhhhhhhh?
« on: November 05, 2005, 03:41:18 pm »
I now know I'm going Di set up in my van.

650 tank, 2 pumps, 2 varistrem, 2 hosereels. for 2 working.

I've had 3 demos,brodex,ioincs,and tucker. Tucker use 2x 20 mtr auto rewind hose reels, and 2 portable 50mtr reels, Brodex and ioincs portable trolleys, with secure ports on the side. the thing is on domestic work like mine I will be forever humping heavy hose trolleys in and out of the van.

So I'm trying to decide this weekend whether to have the 2 hose reels fixed into the van floor, It would make it so much easier and my time would be used more effeciently.

Their is the security issue with leaving the back doors open, but i have a bulkhead and the rear doors operate independently,so if I can lock spare poles in the van it would be relativley secure. Or I could come up with some way of fixing a midget cat flap in either rear door to pull my hose through so the doors could be locked.

Any ideas?

Do you wfp think its a good idea having a fixed hose reel?

Do you hate having to lift hose reels in and out of the van all the time?

Any replys will be greatly apprecciated.

Cheers Nel.

mick hay

Re: Should I fix mount my hose reels in the van?oohhhhhhhhhh?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 03:54:30 pm »
when i 1st got my van mount fitted i thought that i would leave the hose in the van, you may find as most ppl do that you may have a leak where the hose from the tank fits onto your reel!!  after a days work this could cause a small river in your van!!  lugging it in and out to be honest isnt a problem at all, takes 2 seconds,and if you parked facing away from the job, say in a customers driveway, u will need to take your reel out to be able to pull the hose off!!! thats out of my experience anyways  ;)

surecleansystems

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 04:01:38 pm »
Hi Neil

We have our hose reels fixed in the van.  Brilliant job. I got fed up lifting them in and out ( or having them fall out back of van when hose got caught).  

One hose reel is fitted on top of the tank and the other hose reel is attached to the inside of the van door( wall mounted reel).

You can get a small hole cut in back door and a seal with two small wheels fitted to pull hose out of, means you can lock doors.  Not sure who does them but Facelift Cleaning might.

Art

steve massey

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 04:14:00 pm »
Hi neil

We lift our reels out and have a hose coming out of side door to conect them to. We didnt want to park the van on the road and pull 50ft of hose accross a path when you can carry your reel to the gate un reel round house and then walk you reel back to van and connect that way you can see that nobody will trip while you are pulling your hose round property

Hope this makes sence i'm even confusing my self now

neil100

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 04:22:28 pm »
Cheers Art,

Is their a web address for facelift cleaning or a contact tel no?

Which part of the country are they based?

Thanks for the reply. Nel

williamx

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 05:55:31 pm »
Neil

I have 2 hose reels, one is a portable 40m easy rewind hoselock one and the other is a van mounted 80m hose reel.

I also noticed that you are buying 2 varistreams, you should only need 1.

mark6765

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 06:00:46 pm »
i fix mine in the van and use micro bore hose.
it never kinks and is half the weight and thickness  of tricoflex.
its easy to pull round houses cars and bins.
you do need a 100psi pump to get a decent flow with this hose tho.

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 06:13:39 pm »
also noticed that you are buying 2 varistreams, you should only need 1.

Can you run 1 varistream for two pumps ?

surecleansystems

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 06:16:55 pm »
website is www.faceliftcleaning.co.uk

Their contact details are on there, based in Chesterfield.

I saw a guys van system and he said he got from Facelift. He had the hole for the hose in the door so I think they should have installed it but I am not sure.

Hope that helps
Art :)

williamx

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2005, 06:45:30 pm »
2 people can operate from 1 pump and 1 varistream. it is advisable to have a spare pump.

neil100

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2005, 09:03:10 pm »
Cheers Art.  Been on the web site and E mailed them.

Glad to hear some one else is using micro bore.

I plan to put 100 mtrs on one reel of micro bore, and 50 mtrs of 1/2" on the other and see which I prefer. Hence the need for 2 water pumps.

Thats why I thought I would need 2 varistreams.

If the need arises I will invest in a trolley as well.

Cheers Nel. 1/2" must be heavy big time reeling in and out all day long.

neil100

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2005, 10:51:26 pm »
Mark,

How long have you been useing Micro bore hose for?

Are you useing 100mtr hose?

Asked at willamson pumps, weather Microbore hoses would be all right, and  he said no problem as long as you use a 100psi pump. He thought most suppliers fit 1/2" hoses because that is all they have ever fitted and they have not considerd anything else. Lazyness in other words.

Nel.

gaza

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2005, 11:06:14 pm »
I had a Tucker pole van mount system fitted,and now wish I had bought a trolley as well.the van mount is a must were there is good access saves time loading and unloading tanks but for domestics its a nightmare,bushes hedges plants etc etc then having to wheel it in.Im aiming for a storage tank in van with hoses fitted di system,trolley system with 25litre tanks ro filled the day before.all i need is a proper trolley,got a bodge job made up at the mo but it works.

this is only my thoughts

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

neil100

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2005, 11:23:29 pm »
Thanks Gaza,

I'm starting off with 2 reels. But if I find its a nightmare on some of my houses I will invest in a trolley system as well.

Lots of space in the van so should not be a problem.

Nel

gaza

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2005, 11:56:32 pm »
NEIL:If you want to buy a trolley seen a corker BRETT WALKERS just had one delivered,what a little belter from Andrew Macann [sorry about spelling] if its wrong,so well made.

gazza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 06:37:30 pm »
2 people can operate from 1 pump and 1 varistream. it is advisable to have a spare pump.

I have two pumps on two reels what i would like to know is can you run two pumps from one varistream?